Am I a moron if I do this *Finacial Guys Get in Here*

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:45,topic:31275"”]

if car payment + insurance < 10% net take home

then you can afford it.

this seems to be closer to 20% of your net…find a less expensive elise

[/quote]

Money wouldn’t be exchanged till september at the earliest, I was doing back research first. I really want white with black interior and hopefully I can find what I want on elisetalk by than.

It turns out to be 16% of net income to be exact.

[quote=“AFhockey31,post:36,topic:31275"”]

you shut your man pleaser… thats why you live in a slurpee cup… :smiley:

but in all seriousness, you have look into other things… matainence, tune ups, parts, hell even gas, cause youre not going to be able to put regular octane in there. thats not an easy car to maintain nor is going to be cheap by any means. plus think about insurance.

[/quote]

all that will be cheaper than my truck currently, 26+ gallons of premium a week ain’t cheap. Elise has a Toyota motor, read bullet proof, the only thing I would be concerned about is body damage. Plus insurance is going to be only slightly more than what I pay now as I am dropping my impala off of my policy and putting it in storage for a couple years to I get the space to work on it again.

its an awesome car, but i wouldnt purchase something like until i have EXCESS money in the bank, ALL bills paid and are established.

Edit: plus youd be spending 35K on a car that you can only drive a limited time of the year, and on nice days.

not saying i wouldnt do it, but theres a reason you only see rich people and older people drive those around all the time

All bills will be paid off my August, I have minimal monthly living expenses right now, I still don’t have cable/internet on my phone so total is $1100 a month.

But I will take a picture of me driving it on Christmas (If I do buy it) for everyone up north