Amazon vs. NYS

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/amazon-sues-new-york-state-to-void-sales-tax-rules/

Go Amazon!

Word.

Wow and I thought the sales tax alone was bad.
MI 6% > NY 8.75%

Yay, NY gets to spend money in court on a suit it has almost no chance of winning, all so they can pass a budget without making any cuts.

I hope Amazon wins, freaking ridiculous the level of taxation this state has. Also the freaking corruption thru ranks all the way up to albany starting locally is just
:fail:

Speaking of NY, I was on the MSNBC and the news ticker at the bottom quoted mayor Bloomberg about the gas tax credit being hugely stupid. He should run for governor.

4% state 4.75% county :nono:

I love this place! :frowning:

Just because he gets one question right does not erase all the ones he’s got wrong before.

Like?

NYS needs a businessman, not a politician.

Actually, I’ll take it back. He’s right on a good number of issues IMO. My anti-NYC mentality kicked in before I really gave him a chance. :wink:

Too much of a supporter of health and welfare for me though. This state already spends way too much of it’s budget on both of those and if we ever want to get off the worst taxed in the nation list we need to cut our health and welfare programs to better match the rest of the country. The last thing NY needs is a governor who thinks expanding NY’s health care system, that already costs more than the other top two spending states combined, is a good idea.

go amazon!

NYS pulled one out of its ass. That is not even close to being legal.
Then the assholes call it the AMAZON TAX… LOL! you dont need to be a lawyer to see… FAIL