raise in NYS alcohol tax

www.buffalonews.com/145/story/702798.html

the “floor tax” is completely obsurd. is nys trying to put small businesses under? I went to consumers yesterday to get a 12 pack and some JOOSE before I went to the beach, an extra $.05 was added onto my bill to cover the new tax. just another headache for small business owners and less $ in nys residents pockets.

just a heads up. You need a fix in your link, included ‘the’ at the end

was it $0.05 total, or per bottle? that article is taking forever to load for some reason.

either way :tdown: more $ I gotta shell out to have a cold one.

They’re really sticking it to the alcohol consumer. They cancelled the plan to sell it in grocery stores, which i’ve seen in Cali and means SUPER low prices, because they said it would hurt liquor stores, then they stick it to them anyway. Double whammy for higher prices for us :gay:

My dad is on the board for a social club and he had to send the state more money for this new tax. Oh and it was on beer, wine, and liquor that he already purchased!! He was a very unhappy man.

I’m still pissed that grocery stores are not allowed to sell wine…

ya I’m on my phone, its still all messed up haha. it was $.05 added on for everything, they charge by the gallon and I’m sure larger stores will just eat the jump in prices. sucks for the little guys though, especially the fact that you have to pay 1 lump sum for your inventory

:fu: i fucking hate this state.

More reasons to leave NY…

I hate this place

This doesn’t bother me, i don’t drink. I run a grocery store and there was a floor tax increase on alochol by the gallon. Crackheads were complaining for a bit but they still bum people for that extra dime on top of what they already harrass for.

But yeah NYS does blow big balls and so does the blind governer who signs shit hes, probably signing his life and state away without knowing. Come 2010 we have to pay $1000 a year for tobacco license.

:fu: :fu:

:wstupid:

someone needs to accidentally this douche

Yeah, i don’t who the hell would vote for him come election time.

Guys, this one wasnt paterson’s fault. He wanted the grocery stores bill and not this. This is your wonderful state legislature that refuses to even hold meetings together. They need 33 senators to accomplish anything, out of 64, so they meet in their own independent 32 senator hearings that mean absolutely nothing. The only thing they agreed on was the bill to continue their paychecks :rolljerk:

another tax? what else is knew. let me know when they lower taxes, that would be something new to read.

edit: you would think the smart thing to do would be to have an uneven amount of people so that there would always be one person difference on everything being voted on. imo. obviously there are reasons its this way, but just stating.

:fu:

i dont care.

:fu:

i want to off every single one of them for being douchebags.

Just saying, he’s fucked up his share but he is taking a lot of the blame for the state senate. If we’d have elected Baby Joe he’d have knocked some sense into them.

I would gladly pay that tax to be able to buy beer on sundays…FU georgia