raise in NYS alcohol tax

the reason I dont care on placing specifc blame is because they all suck. Worse than if yambag, Jeg, Cuban, and the southgate crew put together. They are all very good at pointing out who to blame, and it’s never themselves.

The last thing we need is more taxes.

+1

People in this state are too stupid to look at the real cause. I bet 80% of them can’t even name their own senator, let alone the majority and minority leaders. So they blame the governor because he has name recognition.

I hate everyone equally.

haha, I know my senator’s name and I don’t think I can spell it.
RanzenGETBACKTOWORK!

The problem is not all of them are bad. Attitudes that group all politicians together is how NY got into this mess. Specifically it attitude of, “George Bush sucks, I’m voting Democrat in my state senate race”. Regardless of how you feel about Republicans at a national level the last thing over taxed, bloated union, bloated social program NY needs is more Democrats.

Actually, if we had 1 more democrat, they would be back to work. Or one more Republican, for that matter. Or a lieutenant governor.

Its so stupid.

I wish we were more like Arizona.

Out there you buy beer, liquor and wine in ANY grocery store. Its not a big deal.

You don’t pay for bottle redemption fees, you just put aluminum cans in your recycling bin (how novel!)

I’m sick to death of loading my basement up with beer cans, lugging them to a redemption machine, to get 7 bucks or whatever.

It’s not even worth it to me.

Wisconsin is the same way… although the grocery stores have to have a seperate “area” with different hours (AKA not open 24 hours); but they ALL sell it.

We had 32/30 in favor of the Democrats and look at the budget it got us. Three Democrats in a room pounding out a budget with increased welfare, massive buyouts for union employees who already had retirement packages that laugh in the face of the private sector, more fee increases that I’ve ever seen, and no funding cuts. They spun it to say there were cuts by claiming that if you got a 10% increase in funding last year and only a 5% increase this year, that was a “cut”.

I really don’t know how anyone could look at the actions our state government has taken since the Democrats got control of the house, senate and governor’s office and think electing more Democrats is a good idea. I’m not talking national, even I’ll agree nationally the Republican’s were fucking some things up. I’m talking about NYS politics.

A lot of it was on Smith, I’ll admit, and carried over from Skelos the previous year, but I don’t blame Paterson for the budget. He proposed a billion ways to cut spending last fall and the legislature said no to them all. Silver won’t cut spending on anything, for any reason. The Republican Senate wouldn’t cut spending cause they were trying to save their jobs and then when they lost it wasn’t their problem. By the time the Democrats took control of the Senate all of the spending was already authorized for this year, they just got stuck having to pay for it.

I was actually hoping some good would come out of the Espada switch, with the whole “one guy doesn’t get to decide things for the Senate any more” provision, but that appears to have fallen by the wayside. Both parties in New York have been fucking shit up for a long time. We were seeing tax hikes out of Joe Bruno and George Pataki too.

^ Tax hikes to pay for the medicare that Silver refuses to cut. That is NY’s biggest cost by three fold.

That’s what happens when you can’t get elected to statewide office without being from/catering to NYC. The programs they use the most stay. The programs they pay more into than they get out of go. We could have a guy from either party run for governor on a platform of “eliminate all taxes in the 5 boroughs of NYC and make Upstate pay the difference” and he would win in a landslide.

Term limits. Thats all.

Oh and how do you think this state pays for its social spending? If you like taking care of every POS in this state, then this is what you get.