NYS is dumb

so did anybody watch the news tonight… if so did you see were gov patterson is proposing a bill to put a 4% tax on gym memberships because NYS is in such a big hole… what will they tax next?

Maybe soft drinks…

oh wait.

I think the fatties were mad that the skinny people who do not eat take out, soft drinks, or smoke were getting away like bandits.

yeah, that would sort of contradict the fat tax idea.

I have a feeling that if I ever read Three Men in a Room I’d move out of state.

im already looking.

Right about this time of year I start cruising real estate websites from the carolinas. If it weren’t so far from home I’d be headed to eviljayville.

You serious though?

yes.

ive always said that I cant imagine buying a house around here because of the taxes. that alone makes staying here seriously doubtful, as I dont want to rent forever.

I would love to be able to run/skate/bike/etc longer during the year than we get here.

I’m really starting to dispise being cold and dealing with snow and the shit that comes with it. IE salt, shitty drivers, plowing, buying snow tires, etc.

Also proposed is a tax on skiing lift tickets, rentals and lessons.

NYS continues to bring the suck.

I think he should tax air.

I think (hope) he is just coming up with these crazy taxes to prove a point.

Geographically SLC is the place for me it is dead center of the ski world. And the fact that there is some industry there. While in Wyoming a couple weeks ago I looked into moving there but there is NO manufacturing to be found which means there are no metal suppliers which means metal delivery would be super costly because it would probably have to come from SLC.

I concur, NYS is dumb.

I have this feeling that despite how I told the wife that I want to stay east coast closer to family, that we will end up out west due to better opportunities for my career. SLC would be a very good fit.

or tax us on how many times we take a shit each day

oooo, they could call it a flush tax!

lol, other possibilites, the shitty tax, or toilet tax

My fiance and I had a talk last night about moving out of state after she graduates this spring. I can not wait to get out…

we should Tax wooden arrows

My wife keeps trying to talk me into going to Phoenix. I like the idea in theory, but at the same time, that’s a big move to just jump on a whim.

I’m glad I’m moving away, screw that shit. <3

I just saw this shit at the gym. They have a petition going to fight it.

TOTAL BS. I agree with the tax on soda aka fat tax, but dont tax people that are trying to be healthy.