AMD Phenom II X4 Tower

Hey guys,

I’ve had a lot of good luck selling to the NYSpeed community and I’m looking to sell a build that I did about 6 months ago. Nothing wrong with it, it runs great, but I think I want to go a different direction with the next build, so here it is!

Sorry in advance for the not-so-great pictures. If you need better ones, please let me know and I’d be happy to take them for you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/90786/comp1.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/90786/comp2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/90786/comp3.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/90786/comp4.jpg

So, what’s in it?

• AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition. It’s overclocked from 3.2 to 3.8 through a basic configuration on the mobo, tested and very stable.
  • 8GB GSkill DDR3 2100 RAM. Yes, 2100 is overkill and it clocks down to 2000 on this board. It was on sale when I bought it, so why not?
  • 40GB Intel 320 SSD. Enough for a boot drive. ~10-15GB free on a standard Windows 7 install if you move your pagefile to the secondary drive. I can explain how to do this, or you can have less space available without doing so. Without moving the pagefile you will have ~2-7 GB free.
  • 500GB Momentus XT Hybrid. The drive has a flash memory section on it and learns loading patterns, so it makes for a snappy application and data drive.
  • Sapphire Radeon 5570 1GB. Not a bad card for the price you pay. I regularly play L4D2 and Arkham Asylum on high settings at 1920x1080 without an issue. It may struggle with new games on high, however. Has Eyefinity if you want to go to a tri-monitor setup, but only have 1 DVI and 1 VGA out.
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler. I love this thing. My load temps dropped ~10 degrees after installing it.
  • Asus M5A87 Motherboard. Good board for the price. Super easy to OC this processor to 3.8, and supports dual->quad unlocking on the earlier Phenom II X2 series.
  • Generic Firewire card, because I wanted to use my recording interface with the build.
  • Sony DVD Burner. It reads and burns DVDs, yay.
  • Thermaltake A60 Armor case. Blue LEDs on pretty silent fans (comes with 3), good cable routing availability, support for SSD (or any 2.5" drive) and water cooling.
  • OCZ 600W PSU. Not much to it. Plenty of teh watts.

Windows Experience says 6.7. If you want proof for whatever reason, I can take a screenshot next time I boot it up.

I’ll be back in Buffalo next Thursday, so drop me a line if you’ve got any interest in this and I can provide more information or pictures if necessary.

PCPartsPicker told me this build would be about $575 if you ordered it today. My price is $500. That’s not a lot of cash for a quad-core 8GB build with a solid state! Someone jump on this before I put it up on eBay!

Thanks,
Jeff

Wow solid price and great components chosen, but the 5570 is good for 1080p video playback and LIGHT gaming. I have the card in my htpc but that’s all I would use it for. Can I ask why you skimped out on a card? And glws

Although I recognize this is a reasonable asking price, it doesnt have everything im exactly looking for at this time. That said I dont want to negotiate on here but if you can move at all on the price send me a pm and I can most likely have the cash to you asap.

I skimped on the card because I don’t do a lot of PC gaming anymore since I have my PS3. You’re right, it’s fine for light gaming or older games (2009ish). Like I said, it’ll run Arkham Asylum fine but it may struggle with Arkham City.

I’ll send you a PM momentarily.

955 is a solid processor. I use one and it gets to 4.0 easy on air.
… so 3.8 isn’t pushing it too hard if anyone was worried.

Looks like a solid build. I don’t doubt that graphics card can run most games fine for an average person.

Any chance you want to sell it with out the HDs?

Pm’d you.

Bump… flipped the PSU, re-ran all the wiring, and it looks awesome!

Still looking for $500 OBO, any offers out there? I can also do a couple different HD setups for different prices… here’s what I’d be looking for.

Tower + 128GB Crucial M4: $650
Tower + 128GB Crucial M4 + 500GB Hybrid Data drive: $700
Tower (no drives): $400

Feel free to ask any questions you may have or throw out offers. Thanks!

(Also may sell my 13" Macbook Air so I can consolidate back down to 1 machine… LMK if anyone is interested/looking.)

Direct contact heat pipes coolers are the best. they really do drop temps like crazy. I have one and was impressed that it keeps the CPU that cool, great price still for this quality build