American Iron mustang build

He starting building it bit by bit, but a little accident has made the final push to turn her into a full blown race car. He’s at the right place for that!

Here comes the before pics

After a couple hours spinning bolts counter clockwise, and popping trim clips

After some prep work she was sent to the local frame shop to get the nose pulled striaght. The said the lower rail where almost 7 inches over!

Its gonna be a couple days untill the rad support, front bumper beam, and header panel are in, so lets get started on that cage.

A couple hand formed mounting plates…

Bada bing, theres that cute little X brace we all love soooo much!

On its way to lookin like a cobra too

thats an autocross car?

and will have to admit do like your plate work

Thanks man.

Its been an autocross car for a while, now he’s stepping it up to some wheel to wheel racing in NASA’s American Iron series http://www.americanironracing.com/

looking good

very nice!

That car will look great when it’s finished. …in my rear view mirror. Hahahaha

We need to talk, Jay…

man the cobra front end is soooo sweet

nice work!!! x braces go great with auto cross!:smiley:

nice

As usual, the cage is awesome.

cage looks pretty sick!

Definitely. That racing looks like fun, too.

Hot.

F that dash… I came by yesterday to visit and check this pig out but you weren’t there :wtf:

veryy nice welds

it looks nice…cant wait to see the finished product

Coming along nicely. Here is my man Dan preping the front frame rails for the new rad support.

And here is that nice new piece welded in

Unfortunately we where under a extremely short deadline, so refinishing is going to have to wate till after he races this weekend. So we snapped the panels on for some track time. mmmmmmmmm cobra.

I even had the owner, Chris, helping to get this thing ready to run on sunday. Here he is measuring for support straps that go on the plexi winshield.

And finally the plexi installed.

Lucky for Chris he did well this weekend, so I won’t kneecap him for makin me work so much. The car should be back to Domination tonight to continue with the cage.

looking damn good

very nice!

Sweetness, I just got about 7 boxes of stuff from UPS. New tubular cradle, torque arm rear suspension, new coil overs, everything you can think of. I’ll get some pictures when I find my camera.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I love AI and CMC racing… I think that’s my next step (stop beating on the purdy Z0 and build a AI car). Keep the pics comin’! :slight_smile:

-TJ