American Iron mustang build

i was just wondering seein how its on the side of the car, and if the car ruled over, how would tech get at it to shut it off

ahh, well I guess that just gonna have to go in the “Inherent risk of racing” colum .

Chris isn’t planning on rolling the car over, so let’s not think about that.

im just talking about in general, im not talking about him rolling it or shit, i was just asking a question thats all, then i read the rule book and it states the following

15.8 Master Switch
An electrical master switch is recommended on all cars, and required on some, as listed
in the class rules. It shall be mounted so that it is easily accessible from the outside. If
mounted outside the cockpit, it should be mounted in an area where it is least likely to be
damage (i.e. cowling near wipers). The switch shall cut all power except to the on-board
fire system and any other life support / medical device. The switch location must be
clearly marked. Any marked switch must function as per this rule, or the indication decal
must be removed.

the cage is soo nice. stopped down this afternoon to take a peek

Well I hope it passes tech, else I’ll have to move it.

Otherwise lets continue to make some progress huh?

old front bumper beam = steel and heavy!

new hand made aluminum front bumper beam = aluminum, nice and light

little finish work left. I’ll keep ya’ll posted.

And, the seat in.

nice work…cant wait to see the finished product

been a while huh?

been alot of little finishing work but the cool new thing is my dimple die set
(there ya happy now Cahill?)

Got the engine fired back up too. The body panels are due in tomarrow from paint. It should be outa here by the end of the month!

looks awesome :slight_smile:

What are the function of the holes?

they reduce weight while adding structural ridigity to a panel, curved panels are stronger than flat ones.

Never thought of that. I just wanted to add weight and slow the car down. :dunno:

Does the owner have his race license yet?

Hopefully he passes comp in Feb.

Those dimple dies are very useful, lightening while strengthening. Very trick.

interesting

:cool: I like it.

cool

did you weigh the car before you started…

i like to see the before and after weights…of stock vs optimus stang

looking good. :cool:

We weighed the car after partial disassemble. The stock cradle, bumpers, glass and alot of stock sheet metal where still in the car. If memory serves me corectly it was somewhere around 3100. His minimum is 2700, but I don’t see us getting down to that. If we can come in under 2900 I’ll be happy.