Amherst area propane tank filling?

Who fills tanks in the Amherst area? I noticed BJ’s fills 20lb tanks for like $11 and realized how much I’m getting ripped off every time I do a tank exchange for over $20 at Hectors. Of course the BJ’s on Transit doesn’t carry propane.

Home Deopt should have the 24/7 program outside…at least the one off Walden offers that. Pretty smooth, just swipe the credit card, put old tank into empty locker, remove new tank from other locker. Think it was ~$15.

i think its 19. if BJ is doing it for 11 you better go there. LOE trailer sales has a sign saying 17 dollar fill ups.

I’ll update this after lunch. Going to take a run over to BJ’s in Tonawanda to pickup a spare tank and get it filled.

twice a year, blue rhino, 10 minutes of my life @ the walgreens on the corner… some pennies are worth pinching, others are not cost effective to chase.

$6? at the rez. lol

You obviously don’t grill as much as we do. I go through about 20lbs a month.

Not all places fill to 20 lb.

I go to Dr. huggs on Sheridan next to the adventure landing/putt putt

I think it was ~$20 though.

i know it’s OT, but Natural Gas FTW

no shit, I’d hunt for a filling station too if that were the case. I’ve got a little grill and only grill for two people, so I don’t have as much “on time”, I don’t BBQ, only grill also. I grill 3-5x a week also, heat it up on high quick, set it low and cook more on the rare side.

Look for campgrounds, they typically have filling stations for propane.

Rhino exchanges are only filled to 15lb, this is stated on their website.

So $20/15# is pretty expensive, I used to do this since a exchange at wilson farms is like .2 miles away.

I’ve picked up every propane tank I’ve seen by the curb, I currently have 5 and have donated a few to family. Any exchange with teenagers working will exchange any tank, regardless condition.

So I find beat up shit ones on curb, do one exchange and then i rip the rhino label off and get them filled in lewiston when i have 3 deads. Its like 20#/$13 and on my way to my fathers. Our family is from texas so we do a lot of fucking grilling.

There was a rumor that these tanks can only be filled by rhino, but that is BS… At least the tanks I’ve gotten from them.

i go to U-Haul. check on the website to find one near you and see if they fill

I honestly think we use our grills more than our oven. Charcoal when we have time, gas more often though. My next grill will be natural gas with a line tapped into the house feed.

BJs in Massena (where I was visiting last weekend and noticed the fill price) was $10.77. BJs in Tonawanda was $16.99 so not nearly the savings. Still, I really needed the 2nd tank regardless.

Factor in that the blue rhino tanks only get filled to 15lbs instead of 18-19 and it’s a deal though.

damn 20#s a month, I thought I was bad and I may use 3 or 4 tanks a year.

Well to be fair, since I was using blue rhino it was really only about 15#s a month due to their underfill scam.

Just for reference, at lunch I had 2 tanks filled for $31.83. I guess that is not a great deal. :frowning:

My dad goes out to the Res to fill ours up. I think it’s under $10 out there. We grill probably 3-5 nights a week all year round so we go through a shit ton.

I have also had blue rhino tanks stop working with propane left in them.
On more than one occasion i have rolled it around the lawn to try and free up the valve.

I’ve seen that 80# or 100# tank at HD or lowe’s… I’ve thought about it, until I think about how heavy she will be full.

During high school I worked at a full service gas station that filled the tanks. Always hated seeing someone roll up with a 100lb tank that needed filling.

Closest Uhaul’s that fill to zip 14221:

U-Haul Moving & Storage at Transit Rd
6161 Transit Rd
Depew, NY 14043
Get directions and view current prices

U-Haul Moving & Storage of Tonawanda
2843 Kenmore Ave
Tonawanda, NY 14150

U-Haul Moving & Storage of South Towns
3120 S Orchard Pk Rd
West Seneca, NY 14224

The one on Transit has a price of 4.10/gal listed on their site. I’ll probably get my empty tank filled there this weekend. If you go to uhaul’s site you can sign up for a coupon worth $1 off every fill for the rest of the year.