WTB: Large propane tank

I am looking for a large propane tank… somewhere around 100 gallons (not 100lbs). Looking for it hopefully sooner than later and without losing an arm or a leg.

Let me know if you have or know someone who has one laying around. It needs to be certified or whatever so I can have it filled without going through any bs.

Good luck!!! I just called to get our two tanks filled (100 gallons each) and had a hard time. No one will touch the tanks unless you purchase/ rent them from them. Had good luck with AmeriGas (who our account was transferred to when our former place went out of business). AmeriGas was also the cheapest in the area. If you want I can send you the contact information for everyone I called and their price/ gallon, delivery fees and testing fees!

Tracey is right, places are getting weird about that. Mostly due to liability reasons and/or stolen tank worries.

I know there way a guy up in Argyle off exit 17n that had a couple horizontal tanks for sale.

I looked into renting a tank from Suburban last year but they were giving me a hard time with how the furnace is installed. They say the intake and discharge cannot be in the same room even though there is an exhaust vent fan / pump. And they want me to put a door between the 2 rooms of the garage. I cannot find anything in NYS code that calls for any of that. The problem is that I don’t want to just blow through the middle of the wall with the discharge so I need to find a way to come off the discharge (with a plenum) then turn 180* and head to the floor, then turn 90* and blow through the bottom of the wall. And I’m having trouble finding the ducting to do what I want to do. So I was hoping to just get it going for now and deal with that later.

galway co-op fills tanks if you own them. My dad owns 2 large tanks for the communications tower and the house, he got sick of paying to rent the tanks so he bought a couple and said fu to surburban.