SOLD: Propane Fireplace

SOLD

Posted this on craigslist for a friend at work.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/998744443.html

It’s pretty much brand new. He got a great deal on it without realizing it was propane not natural gas. Great way to heat up your garage for the winter.

looks good

TTT

These retail over $1600 new.

Great Price. Great stove.

Bump

He’s got it listed at $500 now, not sure how low he’d be willing to go but he did ask if I need “a big fuckin boat anchor” so I’m guessing he’s ready to get this thing gone. :slight_smile:

Another bump. He’s down to $300 now. Updated the craigslist link in the first post as well.

Do you know if this connects to a regular propane tank?

Being vent free is this only for a garage?
I heated my house during construction with a portable propane heater and it was like a suana from all of the moisture.
Sounds like a great deal either way, I may be interested.

As far as I know you can run any of these propane stoves on a regular propane tank. My mom had a propane fireplace put in several years ago and it was originally hooked up to a larger outdoor tank that Suburban Propane would come and fill. Then she realized how much the propane delivery companies were ripping her off when one of her co-workers explained what they paid to run their propane fireplace off a 40lb propane tank they got filled themselves on the Rez. She had a friend change over the connector outside the house and it took less than 5 minutes to get her running a 40lb tank.

I’m sure it would work on a 20lb as well (gas grill sized) but you’d have to fill it more often.

http://www.vermontcastings.com/content/products/productdetails.cfm?id=212

They’re designed to work in the house, but you do have to be careful about the moisture. Something like this is far better designed for running vent free than your typical portable propane heater though.

SOLD

To me… going to put it in my downstairs. Always had problems that my rec room was a little colder than the rest of the house, so I’m going to install it in there. Got it for $250.

:tup: