An intro

Alright I guess I never made an intro here. My name is Mark, I’m 21, live in Latham, and I drive slow Suzukis. I only know a few people on these boards, Sprockit, Hanstech, and the guys at Gearhead. I probably know more of you, and just don’t know your usernames.

I work at Mark’s Automotive on 146 in Clifton Park, and I also work a few hours a week at Latham Price Chopper behind the service desk. Some of you may have seen my dumpy 2001 Swift with gearhead stickers on it and a side-exit exhaust. That’s how I bought it from Hanstech, and its staying that way as a winter beater. My summer ride is a mostly stock Suzuki 1.3 GTi. It’s not fast, but I like the styling and rarity of the car, so that’s why I chose it.

I’m really kind of new to the car scene, learning as I go. Primarily I’m a kick-boxer(I do MMA, come over and fight me) and a weight-lifter(coming off a 1 year break caused by marriage).

And I guess I’ll attach some pictures.

Nice to see your Gti finally… It looks pretty nice. Definitely a nice and agile car, and one you don’t see often at all.

Put up more pictures of it if you can.

I’ve seen some of your posts already in other sections, but welcome to the site!

Thanks for the welcome. I just got my digital camera working again, but I do have one or two other pictures on here. She’s dirty. I have a build thread started, but i haven’t touched it in months because I had so many issues with my wife’s Jetta that I haven’t even started buying parts for it.

Welcome man!

welcome to the site, nice dumpy swifts lol i dont see alot of swifts around north america, i saw a few overseas tho

Welcome!

Loving the non run of the mill vehicle choices!

Thanks guys. And yeah, I’m hoping by the time I’m done with it it’ll be a sexy car, one of a kind locally. Still slow though.

My first car ever was a Suzuki Swift haha!

I beat the piss out of that thing.

Fast means nothing to some models, so don’t worry about that.

A '67 Caddi will always be cool no matter how quick it is.

However a little bit of a backbone will give it a better fun to drive factor if nothing else.

What do they come with stock? What’s the weight?

It weighs 1800lbs stock. I’m not sure how much is reduced with the 7 spoke aluminum’s(I’ll have to do some research).

Stock g13b only puts out 100hp. 1.3l DOHC. I’m gonna help it breathe better with a genie header and some intake for starters.

There has got to be some alternate small displacement 4 cylinder that’s popular with those?

I wouldn’t put the bolt on money into a motor like that, but even small gains are noticeable when the car is that light.

If there is, I’m not aware of it. I want to keep the stock motor in the car anyways. I’m not looking to win any races with it. It’s just fun as hell to drive.

welcome

Welcome to the fun.