And I was hoping they were just kidding...

…when someone recently posted something like “brought to you by VW, the people who pioneered the look of wider rear wheels on an FWD car.”

I hate it when stereotypes turn out to be true.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2640952&page=1

:lol: I consider myself a bit of a VW enthusiast, but it seems like every time I post on the 'tex i get flamed. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

“I drive an auto 2.0, so there isn’t much function” :rofl:

I think all the VW guys just wish they had RWD… :gotme:

don’t forget to mention with the wider rear wheels with the same size tires as the front

VWvortex is terrible.

It and Freshalloy. And super honda. ew.

What is it with stretching tires?

I replied to you on there. That was my first post on the vortex in over 2 years and will most likely be my last, for at least the next few years. When i had my VW i was on there all the time. Brainwashed into thinking the wider real wheel thing was cool. Then i thought about it for 2 seconds and realized how stupid it was. Now i know better.

thats vw for you.

Meh, it depends on how you want to look at it. There’s a tooooooooooon of useful technical info in the stickies. But as far as making a new thread looking for anything but pics of cosmetic mods, fuggetaboutit.

Haha yeah, I made a thread a while back just ranting about VW design because I was so pissed that they had to dampen the glove box door, which of course broke and now my glove box door sits slightly crooked. My thread was immediately deleted and I was scolded by a mod. :smiley: It has a lot of archived info, but is seriously shitty as a message board. Ever make a thread in the MKIV forum? 3 hours later its buried under 3+ pages of threads about pics of wheels & bodywork.

I was on the tex, everyday looking at shit, and getting ideas.

then i got a fresh new idea…perhaps the best idea i have ever had…

get rid of my vw.

don’t get me wrong… my 2.0 was reliable as shit, and i still kinda miss it here, and there. but i don’t miss my wheels falling off, due to failling wheel bearings every month.

I will only drive a vw, if and when it has a warranty. but even then, i think its silly to spend upwards of $25k on a jetta/golf. :bloated:

p.s. - i’m not shitting you. my rear passenger hub fell right off… ask newman about it. it was awesome driving it home, on a wheel dolly, and jack.

:mamoru:

bwahahahahahahaha

http://static.sxc.hu/o/oc/ocdpvw/507869_90411709.jpg

The mk4 forum is HORRIBLE. Hell the MK4 in general is HORRIBLE

ugh… alll those cars are so fucking ugly.

Oh c’mon, I know you’ve got a soft spot for a GTI with Jetta front :bloated:

Uggh, VW’s are a tough call. They’ve got a lot of character and do a lot right so they’re usually a pleasure to drive, but they’ve got a lot going against them too. (Build quality/reliability) I may own a VW again some day but my next car will probably be Toyota/Honda just to get a couple of years of (likely) trouble free daily driving…

Yet another useless fucking thread…

Mike, don’t take it so personally…

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

id rather bang an ugly/slutty girl w/o a condom than drive one of those lame ass autos…

apparantly im not the only one…

i hate those cars