another jiffy lube oops...

Seriously, if no location gets named. I’m calling bullshit on the whole story.

hes a local guy, so Im going to assume he went to the only jibby lube in a rich guys neighborhood…

The one on center and freeport in aspinwall.

But dont hold me to it!

and if you dont believe me, go to sullivan chevys service bay…cant miss the bright ass orange vette missing a motor.

i’ll as my DSO about it next time i go to work.

So basically all you heard was hearsay from some retarded mechanics at a “service” shop right? So how don’t u know that the guy really beat the shit out of it and spun a bearing or so fourth or any other situation? And you first said he did go to jiffy lube and now your assuming? I think that this story has the characteristics of the domino effect and the “he said she said” bullshit. / thread

jiffy lube makes its money off idiots bringing in their nice cars. i used to work at the one in greentree just selling shit to these idiots. for some reason ppl felt it was ok to bring in their escalades and shit. you mean to tell me you can afford to buy the car but you cant afford to go somewhere better then jiffy lube??? hell half of the guys who i worked with just got out of jail but ppl feel its safe to let them change your oil.

You take your car to the dealership and there is a good chance someone just as dumb will be working on your car. I say if you don’t know what your doing you need to take your car to someone you know is dependable…doesn’t matter where they work …just as long as you know they do good work.

better chance of your car getting fucked up at a jiffy lube then someother places. ppl know this and still bring their cars in. so all im saying is your an idiot if you take it there. all im saying is i would prob feel a bit better having a qualified mechanic do something to my car. could they screw up…of course… but its better then a stoned ex con who doesnt even know what an oil cap is working on the car.

That’s funny I just put this on another thread about Jiffy Lube…

Back in the summer of 98 I managed a little detail shop in Fox Chapel, pretty close to the jiffy lube or pennzoil on Freeport, in the course of two months we steam cleaned and detailed either 6 or 8 engine bays because they forgot to put the oil caps back on! they offered us free oil changes as a barter for services… dumbass owner took the offer for partial payment and had a free year of oil changes… I wasn’t there long enough to see if they messed his up!

And there was a few ex-cons who worked there! lol

stop asking because i know some fuck on pittspeed takes their cars to jiffy lube or something of the such
FACT: if you are a member of a car enthusiast club know how to change your own oil, and actually do so when the time comes.

Actually I didnt talk to any “retard mechanic” at a DEALERSHIP.

And i didnt assume he went to jiffy lube…I assumed which location.

I think the guy would have been more proud of blowing a vette motor by doing dumb shit on the street that admitting he went to a JIFFY LUBE at 150 miles!

Either way it was covered under warranty.

Are the new ones dry sump?

i towed an 05 Altima last week that had just been at a jiffy lube (West Liberty Ave) hours before… when i picked it up, it didn’t have a drain plug and all oil was spread out all over Mt. Nebo Pointe’s driveway.

the jiffy lube on west liberty is by far the worst i worked with a few of the ppl who are there now.

And isnt that some :bsflag: ???

hell i would have made him pay 15 grand for another motor

… What?

i dont change my oil…

i know a mechanic at sullivan ill have to ask him about this

DE DE DE…change your own oil if possible instead of being lazy and taking it somewhere to get done, expensive cars are an exception

I wouldn’t DE DE DE. I didn’t understand the first part either. You’re saying to stop asking the location because someone probably takes their car there? Wouldn’t that be a reason to ask then? :confused:

I thinks it’s going to be a long winter on Pittspeed… :slight_smile:

not if i :ban: spektator & xlogic!!!:op: