Another new guy...

Hey everyone. My name is Chris and I just realized I’ve never posted on this board even though I spend quite a bit of time on it…oops!

Anyway, I’m from Rochester and I have a few cars - a '99 Nissan Maxima SE 5speed for daily/winter beating and parts hauling, and an '84 BMW 318i 5speed I picked up from Maryland this past fall as a project.

The Maxima is lightly modded - suspension, wheels, and some other small things. I hit a deer about a month ago so it’s not looking too good right now - still super reliable though, just passed 175k on it.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2498/07132007003ru4.jpg

The BMW is 100% stock at the moment other than some E36 325is seats, which are being replaced because they give me ZERO headroom. I don’t think the current gangsta lean I have to do will be too good for auto-x. :smiley:

Lots of plans for it though, and most of the parts are here…just waiting to get it out of winter storage so I can get to work.

It’s dirty as hell in the picture (came off the truck about 2 minutes prior), but it is a pretty clean shell - surface rust on the battery tray and that’s about it. Paid $600 with 78k on the clock, runs and drives great.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6818/07132007003ew6.jpg

I also have a '95 Toyota Paseo (5speed…noticing a trend? haha) but that’s not worth talking about…it’s the rusty-40mpg-mobile for long trips.

I’m always out in the Buffalo area for work and other stuff so hopefully I can make it to some of your meets out that way this year.

:wave:

welcome :wave:

welcome.

what are your plans for the e30?

Herro.

:tup: for 175K that sure is a clean maxima! props to the bike rack too. welcome.

nice max dont really see any red ones like that either:tup

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

#1 is getting new seats in there so I can drive the damn thing comfortably haha. I have some Corbeau reps already, just need to get the car out of storage and fab up brackets for them. I did a bunch of work on the interior when I first picked it up, so all it needs are the seats and a dash replacement (scored 2 crack free ones for $40 at Pick-A-Part in Auburn :)).

Body wise I have some i/eS stuff to put on, skirts, shadowline, BBS valence, Zender rear, tucked and painted DB’s, wheels, and a new suspension setup. The suspension I’m still searching for; unfortunately I didn’t do a ton of research before I bought it and didn’t realize it had smaller diameter front struts than later models. Finding the 49mm ones (or front 325 knuckles so I can swap) seems to be harder than I would’ve thought.

I had an iS rear disk conversion that I sold, and the beginnings of an E30 M3 5-lug swap too but I sold that to pay for the deer damage on the Max. Such is life I guess.

Eventually I plan to go the swap route, but this year I’m going to try my hand at autox and/or track events with the (lack of) M10 Powah! :smiley:

Nice Touring by the way! I have to check that out sometime.

Thanks, but it’s a respray. :redface:

It had some clearcoat and other paint issues when I first bought it and they only got worse so I had it repainted in early 2007. It’s a factory color that came on ~900 1999.5 Maximas.

The rack is one of the best investments I ever made - so much nicer than messing around with a trunk rack.

hi

lol pretty sure I saw you driving on Eastern Blvd in Canandaigua today :creepy:

Hahah yeah that would be me - my office is down there, off of 21.

How’d you like the sweet speed dents and green mirror?

Didn’t notice them, theres to much salt all over EVERYTHING lol…

But yeah it’s pretty hard to miss a bright red maxima with a roof rack.