another question/ issue on the integra suspension

front went real smooth… now the rear was another story… :eek4:

Anyone ever have any issues with the 4 inch bolt that mounts the bottom of the strut to the control arm? you know the bolt that should be a piece of cake… Well anyway theres a bushing in the control arm that the strut mounts to and the bolt rusted up and stuck in the bushing… twisted the bushing as if it was a nut… So i grinded the bolt off and waiting on seeing what my options are…

Can i Get one Bushing? i actaully need on for each side…

2nd… never really replaced the kind of bushings with metal casings so im guessing torch them? ya or Na? any input would be great,

oh and anyway i will be able to reinstall the new bushing into the arm while the arms on the car? i have it up on the lift… or is this something i gotta go get pressed…

I got a good idea what my plans are with this but i just need to check my options

had the same problem. i had new struts so i hacked the old ones to peices to remove. advanced auto parts bushing was 30$ each for that bushing so i got Energy Suspension bushings for all the suspenion bushings for 130$

-melt the remaining rubber out of the bushing w/ tourch.
-use air chisel tap them out, or anything, they will come out w/ enough pounding.
-freeze the new bushings for atleast an hour or two to shrink them
-hit the new bushing in with a block of wood, FLUSH, and a dap of oil.

-Its not super easy but you honestlly don’t need a press to do it. Have fun :wink:

edit: if you have a sawzall, put the blade through the bushing were the rubber used to be and cut relief cuts in the metal bushing casing to help it come out - it sort of collapses the bushing

if your not changing the strut i would leave the strut on the lower control arm just take the whole arm off…

same way i do it. burn out bushing, and u will c the metal sleeve pound it out with air hammer.

yeah im swapping the struts out for tokico’s …

Thanks again everyone!

x2

i had the same problem with mine (as i believe most people do). i removed the lca, drilled through the rubber all the way around the bolt, then took a torch to the remaining rubber. once that is out, the remaining metal sleeve can be removed by sawing a section of it out and then squeezing it. inserting the new bushings can be a pain but it can be done with some patience. you’ll just need to get new bushings and new lca bolts.

yeah i torched the old and sawed a slit in it and hit it with a hammerd… just bought a new bushing and bolts yesterday… costed freaking 53 $, Anyway ill be putting it in a few so hopefully to goes in with out much trouble

good luck. let us know how it goes…