Another reminder why you show not clean your chain the "easy" way...[Graphic]

Whatever time or “things” that you think you will save from doing it this way? It is fucking not worth it. :wow:wow:banghead:banghead:banghead

From owner of the bike:

…so I had my 07 Gsx-r600 up on the rear stand to clean my chain, bike was running and in gear. as i was cleaning i used a rag as i couldn’t find my brush, the result was the rag getting caught in the chain and pulling my hand immediately between the rear sprocket and the chain. in hindsight i see everything wrong that i did. here are the results: 2 broken bones, 3 severed tendons and allot of ripped skin

Pict 1 Link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Pict 2 Link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

P.S. Remember a similar Gixxer owner incident from a while back? http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261

WTF? Didn’t watch the video but WTF?

Why would you have the bike running?

I clean mine with the bike off, on a stand, in neutral, and I just spin the wheel by hand and clean in sections. I start with the ‘dark’ link (or the marker link) and go all the way around.

Clean with WD-40, then let it dry a bit and go back through with chain lube and let that dry for a few minutes as well. Usually after a ride as I heard it’s best to do when everything is at operating temp.

Speaking of Chain Lube, what do you guys use? What’s ‘the best’ out there?

Ilya’s a motorbike expert now

I use Motul Factory Line.

I use Dupont Chain Saver

Fyi, a better chain cleaner is just regular kerosene. The WD40 is safe, but it leaves behind a thin layer of residue that makes it harder for the chain lube to stick to the chain and you’ll get more fling-off

And never use brake cleaner or gasoline on a chain, which is kinda obvious but a lot of people do it

Gixxer forum is still producing a lot of idiots with no common sense, I see.

I never ever ever had my bike on when I clean my chain. The idea never even crossed my mind. Just doesn’t sound safe… and there has been enough evidence for a long time on the internet to prove it. Yet, people seem to still be doing it.

Why did i check the link

:lol chaz

I was eating a poptart at the time too like a jack ass.

I won’t even look at the pics as the images in my head from reading that make me queasy enough.

bit of stupid in all of us…