another rental car question

that whole under 25 fee that is a hundred somethign a day, if you rent a car online and you go to pick it up will they slap that fee on when they realize your not 25

what are some of your expiriences

If you rent online don’t they require you provide your information/dob/etc. If you use someone elses and your not that person when you pick it up they won’t give it out.

As far as I know theres not really a way around it unless someone 25 or above rents it for you.

Make damn sure you get your $100 worth and get some sick burnouts, and tray slides on tape.

EDIT: And maybe even some drifting in too. Also racing from stoplight to stoplight is good too.

had one in florida couple years ago… $165 or so for the week… walked outta there, not being 25 with the total being $478 for the week.

:frowning:

I always make the rez online and check “over 25” then its a coin flip it seems if they catch you. Avis, i think it was, when they scan your DL their system tells them your under 25 or something and i’ve never had luck with them.

long story short my dad is being a dick about letting me borrow his explorer after i offered to pay for his rental for the week he is the most unreasonable person i have ever met in my life, it brings him joy to make other peoples lifes miserable rant over…and almost the 110 a day for being under 25 is really killing the trip

travel.yahoo.com shows cars for 45 bucks a day at any of the rental companies at the buffalo airport.

You can probably do better on priceline.com (30 bucks a day maybe).

The fee for being over 21 and under 25 is usually 25 bucks a day. Thats what it is for budget and enterprise.

I’ve rented a bunch of times.

When I go to phoenix, we usually get the 19 dollar car, then they tack on 25, its not too bad of a deal.

ya it should be 25 a day for underage, and if you can find a Hertz Local Edition, they usually do not do the under 25 unless it is NYS law that they do.