Another s2k project, AP2 2005 New Formula Red

Picked up this car over the weekend in PA, about 4 hours from Albany. Was a turbo car, owner blew the motor and pulled it. I picked it up with no motor.

I have a spare F20c so i’m gonna drop that in this car, do new springs, retainers and keepers, change out the ECU to get the full 9k out of it and all the locks/ignition (bc the key is tied to the ECU) . Just gonna clean it up and make it a nice daily driver. Best setup possible for the S2000 is the F20c with AP2 trans and diff= higher redline with better gearing. I’ll update this first post with parts i need, if you see anything below you have for sale or anywhere online for a fair price please let me know.

couple quick pics

(Fenders covered in dust)

Tonight startes the teardown/rebuilt.

Gonna strip the interior and put a new top frame and motors in it. Also have to remove and replace the taillight harness since it’s clipped from an aftermarket fuel pump setup, luckily i have a spare sitting on my shelf. Also need the remove the pass side fender harness and i want to replace that with oem, which i’ll have to find used. Tonight is just trying to clean up the wiring and get that sorted, which shouldn’t be too bad, and putting a soft top frame on it. I ordered a new robbins soft top last night and will be putting that on the 23rd.

You are going to keep this one???

i dont know yet, i’d like to. I’m gonna built it as if i would keep it, i’ll put it that way

Perfect summer DD and you have the bad boy at home for when you need some extra go.

get this prom penguinsintuxedos on s2ki? I recognize that silly radiator hose anywhere lol

i bought it from a guy in pa who bought it froma guy in maryland. penguins lives in maryland, i sold him a diff a while back. now i have to go find this car on s2ki

found it, he got banned?
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/956332-md-2005-ap2-rolling-chassis/page__p__21751972#entry21751972

i want to find the build thread now

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/876836-summer-build-twin-scroll-this-time-round/page__hl__penguinsintuxedos%26%2333%3B%3F

found the turbo build. Huge turbo.

My friend Shane has an AC line…I’ll tell him to get ahold of you tomorrow.

Thank you

Yea this car has seen 900+whp if I remember correctly

luckily he had a dogbone transmission, and an rx-7 diff, so these were never used on that boosted setup

The red looks real nice on this car.

Pulled the radiator out last night and the engine wiring harness. I am going to pull and replace the passenger side harness as well, so i can easily put the battery back under the hood. Also gutted half the interior and pulled the interior/taillight wiring harness out, which i will be replacing (fuel pump wires cut, and charcoal canister evap plugs as well), i have a spare sitting around for this.

useless pic of empty engine bay:

your the shift518 project man. i dont know how you have time for all these cool projects

Me either lol. A wife in pa school full time helps

ordered a bunch of oem parts yesterday, should have this thing back together soon. Need to bring parts to crc for powder very soon, hopefully this weekend

2jz, you wont you pussy

you’re right, i wont lol