Another s2k project, AP2 2005 New Formula Red

jake is the guy with the premium honda motors sitting on his shelf 2 weeks before race wars :wink:

Dropped off or powder coating today

-valve cover
-intake manifold
-throttle body
-battery tray
-couple misc brackets

You gonna paint this one too?

I don’t know yet, I’m gonna try not to paint the entire car

Gottcha

Didn’t plan on working on the car today but managed to find some time.

The stock fuel system was non existant, no fuel pump, sending unit, feed or return lines, emissions crap, evap and charcoal canister crap etc. Good thing about being a parts horder is i had all of this stuff.

Missing emissions parts

Missing fuel pump, sending unit and lines (yes, i cleaned up the tank before proceeding)

This is the custom cover for the fuel pump. i think the old owner had a dual hanger in here when he was running the boosted setup.

Feed and return lines that was missing from the car

All the emissions BS installed along with the feed and retun lines. Yes, it’s as complicated as it looks.

Fuel pump installed

Got my tranny all ready to go with all the brackets and sensors and installed the shifter.

Installed the top frame

Early this week i will have parts back from powder coat and parts in from honda which means i can put the new clutch in and put the engine/tranny together and drop that into the car. I also need to swap out the ignition/ecu and all the locks over to an ap1 set i have. Ignition has to match the ecu for the key to work and i want to get the full 9k out of the engine and be able to use the key on the doors as well. Still need in to install the diff, and rear axles but that’ll go quick. New soft top goes on saturday.

put the diff in last night.

new top came in yesterday as well, installing it saturday

You’re far too motivated lol

big box of oem goodness, mostly fresh gaskets and seals. cr turn signals and a new clutch also

powder coated parts from CRC

Jake what do the CR signals look like?

Clear

New top looks amazing

Also pulled the dash and replaced the pass fender wiring harness, removed the battery harness awaiting the new one to arrive. Installed a new powder coated battery tray, and removed the ignition.

When your done restoring this car what would one like this typically go for ?

Kbb says 16.5-18.5, typically these sell above kbb though. I’ve seen them in the low 20s for the same year (or older) and mileage

Fender wiring harness in, battery wiring harness in, washer bottle in, battery tray in (powder coated by CRC), hot water lines piped back to factory for heat, ac block off plate removed. A lot going on it a little space

looks awesome! i love all your posts! i need your kind of time to do projects that i have piling up! i just bought a quad and a 5 series bmw that i wont be touching for a while haha

i’d like to see you buy that cb750 because i know you would do it justice

Got powder coat back from Capital Region Customs. Now i can get the engine back together, install a new clutch and mate it to the transmission. I’m planning on dropping that in Thursday after work. Tonight i plan on getting the interior all together, installing the ap1 ignition and ecu, wiring the izze-engineering air pump delete, as well as bleeding/priming the fuel lines (because they’ve been empty so long), and getting the rear knuckles off and installing the axles. Tomorrow my friend Joe is bringing over some OEM parts i ordered so i’ll put new boots on the rear knuckles, and get them back on the car. I’ll also do the front brakes tonight if i have enought time. Lots of stuff on the to-do list but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ordered Ap2v1 rims monday night, also got a lot done last night. more pics coming soon