Another s2k project, AP2 2005 New Formula Red

Spent the last few days racking my head around why the fuel pump wouldn’t prime. Searched the service manual yesterday and replaced a couple fuse that made absolutely no sense under the hood and reconnected the ignition wires just to check them and viola, fuel pump priming and immobilizer issue no more.

To do list:
Engine/trans/clutch/wiring harness and drop it in
Driveshaft
Rear axles
Rear brakes
New ball joint boots for the rear knuckles
Driver side tie rod
Driveshaft
Interior
Fill coolant
Ac lines/condenser
Mount rims/tires
Izze engineering air pump simulator install
exhaust
swap door lock tumblers

Gonna put the car on the road today, hopefully have it driving around by Friday, I really only have 2 nights to work on it this week.

Ap2V1’s mounted

This fuse box bracket was missing when i bought the car. The fuse box was in the normal battery location as is done with most turbo s2k builds and the bracket was cut off. I drilled out the bracket from a shell i had and had my buddy weld it back on place for me. Ace hardware banner red spray paint seems to be a 9.9/10 match for NFR. Back to stock

Engine AND trans in from the top? You bet. The modified crossmember made this possible, it wasn’t easy, but without a lift it’s pretty hard to go from the bottom-up.

coming along FAST! great work man!

Did a lot of work yesterday, got the fuel lines all set, engine harness all done, rest of the engine bay stuff pretty much taken care of. Put new boots on the rear knuckle bearings, axles are in, rear brakes are done, interior is in. Buttoning up the rest tonight and planning to drive it Tuesday.

Got the car fired up last night! Running smooth and has no leaks or hickups.
Installed the exhaust, driveshaft, axle nuts, rear wheels, srs unit, header(what a pina!), a/c lines and the rest of the system, heat shields, battery shield, turn signals, headlights, and a few others odds and ends

Still need to:
bleed the clutch

install:
rear swaybar (need an endlink)
cat converter and cat o2 sensor
rear lower tie bar and evap skid
izze engineering air pump delete module
fender liners and splash shield
front bumper
front rims/tires
swap the door lock tumblers

Take it in for:
a/c charge
allignment
inspection

I’ll be driving it by tonight

Nice! you put that together quick!

damn looks good. didnt know that was you till after i went back to alexs that day. sorry i didnt say whats up.

Oh was that your black cts out front?

yeah

that’s 2 days last week i saw you then. you hang out over with Alex a lot?

:slight_smile:

looks good! Is there something on it that is painted red that shouldn’t be?? something just seems off from other s2k’s but i can’t put my finger on it.

Good eye, Yes, the windshield frame.

Honda puts black vinyl on all the windshield frames, even thought they are color matched paint under the vinyl. this car just has the vinyl removed.

HAHAHA something so small threw me WAY the fuck off

JDM green steering wheel?

it was there when i bought it lol, i assume with the small amount of wheel you can still see that the entire thing is faded and damaged beheath it. I’m looking for a new one to replace it

trade for a years supply of powercoating work? LOL

car looks great. One honda I would actually love to own. Awesome work! You gotta update your sig now!

Got the airbox in last night as well as swapped the cat out. Car is done as far as i can see, just going to hit a couple paint scratches with touch up and have semir buff the car.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/37016AE3-D9B2-4CC4-86D6-E614C0700849-1506-000001EC10797FE6_zps32087363.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/E7E8BD75-78BC-43A2-90A8-C8C886B1D184-1506-000001EC18D0F88F_zps2779775e.jpg