Another thread about powder coating

Did a search here and found this place. Called and talked to Fred I think and he seemed real nice

Has anyone gone to get stuff done from him? Prices seemed good. Wondering how quality is.

CLARENCE METAL FINISHING
9080 WEHRLE DR
CLARENCE NY 14031
716-632-0983

Used Hot Shots in Hamburg. Nice people and to ceramic coating as well.

Or use http://www.nyspeed.com/forumdisplay.php?456-Detective-Coating-(Powder-Coating)

And don’t risk shitty quality?

Fred is who I send all the stuff I cannot handle. Highly recommended.

detective coating…

I used Aurora Powdercoating in East Aurora, right off the 400 (Maple Road Exit).

Don and Moe are nice guys (father and son team) and only charged me $60 to clean, bead-blast, prep, and powdercoat 2 BMW magnesium valve covers…

the various imperfections are due to the actual magnesium material of the VC being chipped/eroded/pitted away

Thanks Onyx, ill be contacting him too
Too bad he is not in buffalo area

If you go through Jesse w/blastoff you’ll be okay, but off the street there’s a whole lot of hurt feelings you’ll hear from a lot of people. They’re the reason I started coating, and built a 6’ tall oven.

I know he does something to accommodate customers from NY, but I forgot exactly what he was doing.

Yeah Fred at Clarence metal finishing does super high quality work and is local.

anyone know of someone that has an oven that is longer then 12ft and does good work? i intend on having the chassis for the '47 powdercoated.

hotshots can only do ~11ft and im a bit iffy on powder systems in buffalo

Give Aurora Powdercoating a call, while talking with them at the shop they showed me some of the projects they have going on. Big industrial frames for Moog, and they also do a lot of farm equipment and machinery. I’m sure they can help you out.

716 805 1705

This. I’ll be driving to erie on friday and through buffalo to get there. If something needs to be dropped off I can do it.
I forgot his name but he has been extremly helpfull in any questions I have.

Rather bump an older thread than make a new one. So anyone know if Fred is still powdercoating. Left one message and haven’t got a response, going to try calling again tomorrow I guess.