powdercoat/chroming shops?

is hotshots powdercoating in hamburg the only powdercoating/ chroming shop in wny? i have a few parts that i would like to get chromed and looking to find the best prices

Hot Shots > Plastic Systems in Buffalo

liquidpowdercoats.com did a great job on my valvecover. I’m sending more stuff to him over the winter.

Would someone make a damn sticky with powdercoating shops and other places that people are constantly asking questions about. It seems like there is a cycle of people asking every month.

But yes, I’ve heard Hot Shots does good work.

search.

hot shots doesnt do chroming.

This is definately a good question…
Who in WNY still does powdercoating AND chrome plating?
Contact information should be stickied somewhere…
There’s not many chrome plating places left in WNY let alone powdercoating…

I use these guys for industrial hard chrome but I am not sure about decorative chrome, maybe they could point you in the right direction.
http://www.fluidpowerservice.com/

These guys do production powdercoat but, I am not sure they would do one or two pieces.

hotshots just started to do chrome but unsure of there prices

there’s a zinc plating shop called monroe…I think its in rochester…There is also a place called Clarence metal finishing on wherle…he does fucking amazing work!

Tompkins Metal Finishing in Batavia. My dad runs it.

Advanced Custom Chrome is in Erie and does great Chrome work. They don’t do powder coating though.

Chroming shops mostly got shut down when the EPA started getting tough; there aren’t many left.

[quote=“ShiftDead,post:11,topic:35807"”]

Tompkins Metal Finishing in Batavia. My dad runs it.

[/quote]

NYspeed discount?

got my wheels done by karl at powdersystems last year, look real good.

573 1526

[quote=“longuyen88,post:13,topic:35807"”]

NYspeed discount?

[/quote]

Would depend on what you wanted to have done. He cannot powdercoat rims he tried for a friend. When he sand blasts tehm some layer doesnt come off or something like that. However he did a valve cover for Nessuno3400’s Talon and its pretty f’n sexy. I will try to get pics.

rather than making a new thread im bumping this. anyone doing powdercoating outta their garage or whatever? Hotshots just told me they are not doing work at this time due to contract commitments:tdown:

I just need 1 part done and trying to help a friend out in finding someone. like a black/grey speckle color or just black or gray would be good. needs to withstand some heat

i emailed hotshots today and they said the same thing :frowning: as i was pulling into their driveway… :fu:

you could pm detective coating, im having him do my stuff. but someone around here prob has a simple setup

justin at detective coating, vouch all day long and has done work for me plenty of times (volks, valve covers, etc)

if its the guy in PA, thats too far. looking for a local deal

aurora powdercoating has done some work for me, no complaints