Where to go for powdercoating?

Ok you guys set me up with a tire guy, now i need a powdercoater to do some suspension pieces. And recommendations?.. Also where is a good shop to get bushing and bearings pressed? I went to napa and they charged me 40 to push two bearings on, a little high imo.

TIA

Try these guys.

Nyspeed Recommended Powder Coater

I tried a search and only got a couple names, no good or bad responce. I found buffalopowdercoatings.com adn buffalo finish work. Anyone have anything to say about them?

I should be able to do them. I’m down in the southern tier but am up in Buffalo occasionally.

Swerve.
Swerve.
and lastly, Swerve.

they told me that they cant do bearing or powdercoating… i would use them again if htey could

Hot Shots Powder Coating 627-2766

yea there cheap my buddy had some stuff done for his gsx and the valve cover finish cracked when he tightened the bolts and they messed up the finsh on the calapers they were dfferent shades of red

Dimar Manufacturing does powdercoating. Main street out in Clarence.

I’m pretty sure they still do it for the public, and they have a great oven set up. Hell, they can do sheet metal laser cutting as well with their brand new $1 million laser cutter :slight_smile: They work with I.C.E. who designs and makes all of the arcade games… which is attached to their building.

(Sorry, used to do their I.T. work. Awesome company, great people, etc.)

if you can live without your part for 6+ months… yeah…
ask me how i know.

Really? Never used them but say their work.
I used to do go to Plastic Systems and really wasn’t impressed with their work as of lately.

Clarence Metal Finishing. It on wherle. Fred does ALL of our “show” calipers which have to look top notch. Hot shots does all of our other powder coating, which is “meh” at best.

i agree, same fred that’s missing an appendage correct? friends get a lot of bike stuff done, and it’s absolutely flawless. hot shots does production work haphazardly since it’s all volume and your stuff just gets thrown in the mix.

I’m going to assume you work at SSBC?

Good info, thank a ton guys

Yes sir…

the guy seems like he knows what he is doing i met him at work the otherday

Fred is definately very good at what he does. It seems like he takes the extra time to make sure every piece looks good. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

bearings, no problem. (grrr to rich or paul. did you forget about our big orange press in the corner?)
Powdercoating, don’t have a huge oven yet. It’s in the works.

andy do you guys powercoat valve covers?