powdercoat/chroming shops?

sweeeeet, Elma, that i can deal with. ill hit em up

whats the big deal about it being in pa, id personally rather pay to get something shipped and have it done right the first time

ive seen way too many coated parts that looked like an orange peel

Zimbardi Electric in Salamaca NY does powder coating too.

If you want local, to Buffalo, chome I would highly suggest Tripp Plating.

We use them for a number of things. They “don’t advertise” but do a lot of small Car stuff.

Tripp copper plated the bolts on my 3pc Kinesis wheels last year for a banging price and they did a great job.

I got a quote to strip and chrome the lips and faces of Kait’s 18" Equips and IIRC it was like $1400/1500 or so?

Bumping this up for spring 2014…

Anyone locally to Buffalo, NY that doesn’t charge more than $350 to do a set a wheels with clear coat?

Pretty much everywhere listed is in Buffalo. I find it hard to believe that you could have a set of wheels for that cheap, and done well.

Detective coating isn’t local but shouldn’t be much more than that with shipping in one of his group buys. Not to mention you’d be getting quality work

sent from my s4

detective charges about $400 or so. but the shipping to him and the return shipping pushes the pricing into the $500 realm of getting it powder coated.

• Updated - - -

no more any group buys, plus shipping is about $45 each way so about $90-100 shipping round trip. (this is for a set of 16s)

You get what you pay for…that being said don’t cheap out now because of $90-$100 shipping costs. There’s a reason justin at detective coating has gotten really big over the past couple years. His work speaks for itself. He coated the valve cover for my Evo X and it looks amazing in person!

I’ll never send anything to anyone else other than justin no matter how backed up he is, or how much something costs to ship.

Sticky this thread. I want to do my ///M wheels