Another turbo camaro build

wideband controller, sensor and gauge are in ,as is the pod and 3-1 collectors

waiting on tubing for headers/crossover and downpipe which should arive in the next day or so and the megasquirt ecm

3 into 1 collector??

Looks good man. Just wondering what size that turbo is? and the hotside? It just looks rather small that even a small v6 will choke up easily. Also for the hell of it pull your compressor cover off, we had a friend order a t70 turbo from ebay, and we pulled the compressor cover off, to find an evo3 16g wheel, no we werent guessing either, it was stamped on the inside, all they did was throw a huge compressor cover on it and call it a day, turbo wouldnt have made more than 350-400. (was going on a supra so 350-400 was a joke considering it made more on stock twins) just saying be weary check it over.

V6…so yeah :slight_smile:

Yes :doh: , I was just thinking out loud like a tard :stick: lol
I keep going over this in my head and I keep coming back to merge collector merge collector. Since it’s a single turbo, what is the target pressure ratio your going to run? Going to put some alky on too?

the turbo is a 48 trim t4 verified and measured
the hotside has 1.5 inch primarys to 2.5 inch collectors and crossover, t3 hotside with an .63 ar
coldside is all 2.5 inch

no alky at this time
car will be setup to run 9-12 psi street and possibly more down the road

my car went mid 12’s @ 9 psi with a t3/60-1 with the same style setup this car should run faster being it has a bigger motor but the smaller turbo will prolly have to run around 12 psi to run the same times my car did with the 60mm turbo

the turbo thats going on is a starter turbo im sure he will upgrade later down the road i am going to recomend him to buy a gt35r or a t66/t70 if he upgrades

Cool deal, Get alky sometime down the road!

I’d put a Borg on that motor

ive been talking with the guy im building this for and it looks like right after i get it installed the car will be getting a real t66,t70 or a ptrimed t76
more then likley it will get a 76mm unit the ebay turbo was just to get him into the turbo game and get him used to the car for now

My turbo is a t9 567 trim. I hate when people refer to their turbo as a t3/t4 50 trim etc. doesnt tell me shit.

t3/th hybrid 50 trim is just that there is no other name for it will support 450 -/+ hp its a very good universal turbo for 4/6 cyl engines and great for twins on small to medium v8’s

I like to hear compressor wheel size dimensions

i like hookers

50mm inducer i think its 78mm exducer on the cold side, std stage 3dimmensions on the turbine wheel
the turbo wont be on the car for more then a week hes getting a p trimed t76 turbo to replace the ebay unit

anyways megasquirt is in and im on my way to indiana to build/install the turbo setup and install the megasquirt and tune the car

i start tom afternoon and should have the car done and tuned by late sunday night

ill keep u guys updated

alls i can say is its to fawking hot in indiana 10am it felt like it was already over 80*
anyways forgot the digital camera last night so i snapped these with my cell

heres the start of the mock up

well more cell pics of headers being fabed and welded and also removal and seperatation of the stock ecu harness and seperating it from the power harness so i can wire up the megasquirt ecm

welding in sandles… good idea!!!

looking good though!

times 2!! watch those sparks man, that stuff burns!!! Dont care how hot it is, i have a big old winter coat flannel thing I use when I have to weld something and sparks are around me. Burns right thru til it hits the skin. Fun stuff

some pics from today

ranging from headers installed to mocking up downpipe to whats left of the actory harness + with the megasquirt harness tied into the harness ( just need to finish cleaning it up a bit and reinstalling the loom and it will look like stock just alot less wires then normal)

and some pics of the intercooler and some plumbing etc

few odds and ends to take care of but at 3am shes finally just about done