project poo-box

bought a newish car. 1991 VW Jetta. good deal couldnt pass it up. picked it up from “Phunk FX”

it looks like this, minus the wheels. i got something in mind for it though.
its a 1.8ish turbo, 8v head. Haltech SEM, bunch of work, needs a turbo. probably going with a simple 50trim on it. nothing crazy. should be a fun car to go low and slow in. its been 5 years since ive had an old school Vdub, and im glad im back in one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/phunkfx/Rick%20Jetta/060.jpg

ahhhhhhhhh THIS car. Nice pick-up, sire.

yup that car.

want some BBS’s for it? :excited

not really.

i have a license plate in mind for this car too. its available, and i might get it tomorrow.

very clean, nice buy MK

nice car indeed

some small plans for it are.

new T3 manifold with a 38mm wastegate flange
T3.t4 50 trim with a .48ar exhaust housing
tial 38 with a .6bar spring(8-9ish psi)
innovate LC-1 wideband
a cam, maybe euro g-grind, or a 260/264 split, springs retainers and locks
retune it(Haltech E6 SEM) or mega squirt, haltech FTL

then when i get rich, some era correct wheels… Big red might have a clue of what they are, but 15x8’s remakes, from florida :wink: 195-45-15 tires(small stretch)

nice car man! nice color!

Audi Hibiscus Red Pearl. you can send all your “looks awesome and i love its” to Phunk FX. hes built the car over the last 7 years. im just gonna tie up some loose ends and enjoy it(i hope) got a great deal, has a MINT Trophy interior. paint isnt quite as good as the picture, but it could look great still, sunroof took a beating for some reason. but it could be a nice car. The Mk4 is on the done burner now.

for real about this car Ricky gets all the credit for sure. its his car, im just the new owner of it.

I don’t know a single thing about these motors, how much power does it make now and what ballpark will it be in after your goody list?

like 12hp now. turbo is smoked… its a built 1.8 bottom end, 2.0 8v head, stock cam. if it were a good turbo, with a good, solid tune, 200-225 shouldnt be a problem, considering a normal 8v puts out 80-90hp stock on a good day, its a healthy gain. car is 2275lb. has a peloquins LSD. tons of stuff coming with it

huh, i kinda like this.

you know my brother has an old 92 laying around in some rare color with a 1.8t swap and some BADASS rims on it. i might have to take it from him.

Love it.

Like the color and also like the sounds of a mint trophy interior. Good luck with it.

WIN

funny, i own rickys brothers car, now you own his, they are united again! nice to have another legit mk2 on here.

:thumbup

nice, did you already pick it up from ricky?

today hopefully. gotta go get insurance, then go down there, and go to the kingston dmv since NYS has all these dumb new forms and hes gotta sign them