Another turbo camaro build

Sweet! looking good, Nice job. Love to hear it after it’s tuned

it lives few odds and ends but heres a teaser, thing spools up fast

still not tunned either its got a real rough base map on it

nice congrats

awesome, congrats! looks good.

heres some runs we made while tunning these are all 3/4 psi and 1/4 to half throttle due to an issues with the wideband we did get it fixed so we will be making some runs tom at full throttle and will turn the boost upto 10 psi

what kind of numbers you expecting? how do you like that megasquirt datalogging? Have you ever tried code 59 with tunerpro?

im familiar with tunerpro but ive never tried messing with code59, the guys over at gmtunners basically said that getting it to work on the v6 would be decently hard to do , then again they also said that an iron headed v6 wouldnt make over 250 hp without blowing up. this car is very strong even at suck a low boost level. the header design i did on this car is much better then the design i run on my car and my car just went low 12’s @ 118mph in the 1/4 @ 9 psi with a slightly larger turbo. whens all said and done i expect this car to max the hybrid turbo which is capable of 450ish crank hp. once the larger turbo gets swaped on and dialed in were going to shot for 400-450 rwhp

the datalogging eatirs of the megasquirt are awsome ill have to post u some screen shots of some o the data logs i took so u can see some of it

35% throttle 5 psi of boost starting in 3rd to 5th gear stopping just over 100 mph

video of slipping clutch

nice cant wait til you mash on it

im familiar with tunerpro but ive never tried messing with code59, the guys over at gmtunners basically said that getting it to work on the v6 would be decently hard to do

Thats interesting…code 59 stuff came from $58 code which is from the turbo 4.3L v6 stuff in the syclone/typhoon trucks. Oh well glad to see you are making progress with this build

I have had no luck using ferncos as couplers haha

actually we have blown them off a bunch of times but i rolle beads on the end of the pipes and put tbolt clamps on them till he can get the right couplers and so ar so good

alls i can say is this knockoff rfl bov is really loud

finished upt he install fully now and even have the full exhuast on the car with a homeade mule man this thing is sleeper quiet till boost comes in and then alls u hear is turbine whine and then the bov when u shift.

deadbird made the muffler and damn it sounds good

btw im am switching my own car from my stainless headers to this design that i did on pilsburys car they are that much better and they retian all accesorys witht he exception of the smogpump

only downside is u wont be able to use anything bigger then a 3 inch downpipe unless u use oval tubing for the downpipe were it passes the header and heater box unless u use a non ac box

and a video from last night
data log shows 25% throttle opening max and it still goes right threw the rpms in all the gears max boost in this video was 2.7 psi according to the datalog anything more then that right now and the clutch slips pretty good

Awesome! glad your gettingthe bugs all worked out and will be finished tunning soon. Get that clutch fixed need to line this Camaro up with my Regal.

pics
edit ill have to resize there way to large

with such small throttle opening i"m surprised you are still seeing that much boost. Seems like the turbine side may be too small?

the turbine side is a tad small .63 t3 with stage 3 wheel but he isnt going to turn 7500 plus rpms like i do. alot o it has to do witht he header design, i ran the same turbo and mine spooled alot later then his, and there are no signs of it choking the motor in the higher rpms .a gt35r or a t70 or a t76 will make its way onto the car eventually

also we just found out the megasquirt was not controlling timming due to o ne wire not being hooked up but it was running on the hei modules failsae timming curve im in the middle of fixing it now.

basically the timming was locked to 12* with a tiny bit of high rpm retard so im about to go out and verify its running on my tables now if it is it will pick up even more power

http://px5.sfstatic.com/thumbs/0002/93/05/2033950.jpgturbo v6 camaro

This Car sounds like it would rip if it was an auto.

no need or an auto this car sees ull boost right o the line and holds boost on every shit even i u close the throttle