Another "Want a new car" thread

06-08 Lexus IS 250 AWD

Anyone have anything specific? From the pics, it looks fantastic in and out. The car’s purpose is a daily driver but I am not going to buy used so I am interesting in REAL MPG, reliability, repair costs (It’s a Toyota beneath correct?), and anything else relevant. I’ve debated a Merc E or C class but it’s not in my price range.

The best way to explain it: I don’t want Mazda but don’t want BMW/Merc so I thought this would be in the middle.

Great cars. Similar in pricing to that C-class once you option them both out. You sit pretty far down inside it in relation to the window line which can make it feel small inside. That was my only major complaint. They need to make the 350 in a manual.

Not sure if I want manual or auto. I do want an 06 with under 30K or so. Doable for LOW 2X?

shawn look into a acura, my wife and i have one and we love it.

I just can’t do it. :slight_smile:

hahahaha

that lexus with some fatty fat fat wheels so they poke out a little, chicago style stance and a nice exhaust? hoooo-boy! makes for a great car. just please! do not get the silver one. black, white or red. possibly dark dark blue if they have that

i love the black on back is350’s. drove one in FL a few months back… very comfortable, it moved out for a luxury car. i think they run like low 14’s stock… and they are def eye candy.

Black on black is so hot but damn the scratches show.

just maintain it decently… or get the swade seats in black. the interiors are beautiful… every option imaginable, good motors, good reports, good trade in value… my dream car is the new IS-F. i hope to get a used one with low miles in a few years.

yea, agreed. like i say “black isnt a color, its a hobby”
but man, let me tell ya. nothing really beats a well detailed, buffed and waxed black vehicle. its just so awesome looking. It’s a classy color and lexus has nice paint, so itll look good cleaned up.

my girlfriends boss just bought a IS250 and loves it. Traded in her G35 for it, says she’d never go back.

Interesting. Cossey says his Legacy is an improve from the G35 which I thought was retarded. I think that car is absolutely gorgeous with an awesome exhaust note. I wonder if I am missing something?

yah i love the G35 inside,out and performance. My step mom had a g35 and traded it in for a FX45, but that was mainly for more room apparently. How come you dont look into a G35 then if you like them so much? There affordable too.

I hated the G35.

I <3 teh Legacy.

Ever since the day he bough the G35, there was nothing that did it for me in that car. Yes the car moved and the exhaust was nice, but that’s expected with the price tag and nothing to write home about.

updates on this shawn? decide on anything or were you just brain teasing us.

I looked around and looks like this is doable for MID $20s and not LOW $20s like I hoped. I’m looking for a deal. Giving it’s spring it’s not the “buyer’s time”. I really like what I am reading about it. The wife is semi onboard.