New Car...

…well, new used car. I picked up a '06 Lexus IS250. It’s Saphire Black (a dark metallic blue) on black leather, 2,800 miles. It has the Nav, heated/cooled seats, and a bunch of other goodies. So far I’m loving this car. Obviously the ride and luxury is amazing… but it actually handles and brakes VERY well. I’ve taken it up a few of my favorite Santa Cruz mountain roads already and am really impressed with how well it does on these roads for a “luxury” car. Power is decent at 204 or something like that. But it has a six speed auto so it’s always in the power band when you’re driving agressive. There’s also a nice sport mode w/ paddle shifters that let’s you choose your gear. Lexus claims 7.9 seconds 0-60, but it feels a lot faster just around town and such again, thanks to the six speed. I didn’t choose the 350 w/ the 300+ hp 3.5L because well, I have the Z06 for going fast. In the 250 on this tank I’m averaging 27.7MPG with some serious rallying and city driving in the mountains. On steady freeway driving it’s 32 or so.

The pics I have so far suck, I’m going to wash it up later when the sun goes down a bit. So far I’ve just been enjoying driving it.

Hmm, wonder how far Fathead’s is…

Dirty car…

-TJ

sexyness. i like

I like it

nice i think they are sharp looking

no chic pics,no care

X2

x3

i like it

indeed, nice car

nice

very nice. I still like the IS300s but the new 250s and 350s are really nice looking. Nice DD.

awesome

Thanks! For a 100% stock I think the car looks amazing. I could see dropping it on some 19s etc. But that’s not gonna happen.

Sorry, I’m not Darkstar so I’m not takin’ pics of my womenz for you guys to :wackit: to. Maybe I’ll pose on it for you guys? :puke:

Thanks, thanks. I’m loving just about everything in this car. Only dislikes so far: foot operated e-brake, and the auto up/down windows annoy me cuz I always put 'em all the way up or down when I just want to adjust 'em.

The car is going to be my Fiance’s DD and honestly I saw no need to give her 300+ HP. She drives a good bit so the MPG of the 250 is awesome. Just filled it last night and made a freeway only drive. About 32MPG there.

Tanks mon.

-TJ

Nice car-- those pictures really make me miss Santa Cruz, even though they’re shot in a parking lot.

Nice ride, I was glancing them over the other day. Definitely a badass car!

good buy

That’s actually in Gilroy. I work in Mountain View and the woman works in Santa Cruz. So Gilroy is about 30min for her and 40 min for me.

Thanks boss, I’m loving it.

Thanks, I got a really good deal and couldn’t be happier w/ the car.

-TJ

So your not going to sneak it away to race just once? Liar!

j/k seems like your really happy with the car, nice choice!

I might have her race it and co-drive it at least once. I’m working on getting her to race my 'vette so that might be a good first step.

-TJ

good choice