Anti-Rice import n00b

Hi All,

I found this site looking for a chassis dyno close to Irwin.

Anyway… I came out of the world of american iron (68 camaro RS) I always loved the V8 sound and torque. but it got sold for a more usable ride. (a truck) But now since I’m older and have more $$$… I wanted to go fast again, but this time I wanted it to handle and stop as well also. So I started looking at imports.

The new ride is a 94 Del Sol with a B16a3 engine that made 160 hp from the factory. it also has an 8200 RPM redline. it is now turboed. It still needs some tunning, but the goal is going to be 300 hp. (that’s why I need the dyno) I figure that willl make this little two seater run mid 12’s down the 1/4 mile.

The “anti-rice” topic is because I realy hate most of the “fast and the furious” type stuff for the imports. I’m more for the sleeper thing.:wink:

Here’s my Sol at Keystone on opening day.

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Tony4aro/small.jpg

welcome:beer:

we need a hondo doctor here!!!

ehhhhh wats up doc?

welcome

i saw you at keystone… i was in the other lane… i wanted to line up against you :hs:

welcome anti-ricer. How did you run opening day?

welcome honda bretheren.

Originally posted by Black_WS6
welcome anti-ricer.

welcome. saw your car opening day. what did you run?

nice chick car…

welcome… i work in North Huntingdon once in a while.

Originally posted by deadeyehatch
welcome. saw your car opening day. what did you run?

I didn’t do so well. My first run I lost one of my charg pipes so I lost boost. after that… I only was running ~6 psi. I’m still working on the tuning. But I was hopping to be in the 14’s even on low boost that day.

anyway… my good time of the day was a 15.1 @ 93 mph. But my 60’s were 2.5. I need to finish tunning, and practice more. I figure in the next couple months… I’ll get to my goal of mid 12’s

I know I need to get my 60’s down… but I don’t know if I will be able to with a FWD car on street tires. but who knows.

Originally posted by Dr Honda
I figure in the next couple months… I’ll get to my goal of mid 12’s

:eek: how much do you plan on doing to go from a 15.1 to 12’s in just 2 months? 500 shot? :smiley:

welcome

welcome :wink:

Originally posted by Black_WS6
:eek: how much do you plan on doing to go from a 15.1 to 12’s in just 2 months? 500 shot? :smiley:

my set up right now (other than the exhaust) is built around a 300 WHP target. once I get on a dyno and do some tunning… I’ll turn up the boost to 11 psi to hit my goal. I may also need to get some stickyer tires to help get that 60’ down. Right now… with the restrictive exhaust and only running 6 psi… I’m probably only putting down 190 to 200 WHP.

But then agin… I may blow the engine trying to pull close to 200 hp per liter.

Just an FYI. this set up will be putting out about 20 HP per Lb of boost. so… 6 psi (now) - 11 psi (goal) = 5 psi. So @ 20 HP/Lb… that would give me my extra 100 WHP.

the car only weighs 2500 Lbs with my butt in it… so 100 WHP should give me that 2 seconds.

wish me luck.

too much calculation, take it to the track or the dyno and then guess and the number.:wink:

that some wishfull thinking …but good luck

welcome yopu have the heaviest civic they make good luck running 12 i think youll run about a low 13 maybe

but good luck thou :slight_smile: