I've come to conclsions about PittSpeed

After reading through much of the posting in here, mostly about the chick with the Tiburon and her wreck. I know you guys hate rice, and pretty much any four banger. So, should the members looking to join this site just leave, or take the abuse? I’ve looked at some members cars, and what they have done. From classic muscle car to later models, and I respect it. No, I wont be the one racing down the highway or putting a huge wing on my car, thats just not who I am, or what I want on my car. I think anyone with half a brain cell and decent taste would never do that to a car. But the people, like myself, granted I have a Hyundai, and from the response I see most of the members don’t like it, should they just get the hint and not join. But like myself, that doesn’t do a huge wing or bodykit because they think it’s stupid, have a justifiable answer to staying on this board?

Example: I drive a 2000 Hyundai Elantra, all stock appearance. Nothing ricey about it. (Yes, I know I will be bashed) But my father and I work on a 1986 Porsche 911 project car. So should I just save my breathe and not bother posting anymore because the onslaught of bashing will ensue, or should I just live with what it is and post when I can?

My point is, should the import crowd just stay away from PittSpeed, such as myself?

Thats a great question. Seems like soon as they see that u got a import or not a chevy or a ford. You get bashed within 5 minutes of speaking. Not all imports are ricey. Its just how u make them. People are just to quick to judge.

I have a 2.5L H4 Engine?? :dunno:

I got bashed for owning a Scion tC, I let it bother me at first, but grew skin. People just need to chill.

I missed the whole tiburon thread so i figured i’d get a post in on this one before the lock… just wait, it’s comin

[saracasm] Yes pittspeed hates imports, especially the owner [/sarcasm]

with any group of people the new person always gets hazed or bashed. Think back when you were in grade school. A new person would come to school, and of course they got picked on. All new people when joining the military gets picked on. its just the way shit works.

you will get picked on for a few months, then you will start coming to meets and having fun. and then you will pick on new people, its a cycle.

Yup it will. People dont like fighting over the truth. Just like fighting over bullshit lies that are 15 years old… Oh ur so ricey. rice this rice that. Who da fuk are u bruce fucking lee ???

Well, I don’t want this one to be a lock. But I’m saying, aside from the bullshit some members give. Doe’s a 4 banger with JUSTIFIABLE performance upgrades get looked upon as rice?

the site is primarily made up of imports though… i don’t get what you guys are talking about

I still get picked on :dunno: :slight_smile:

I never got to attend a meet, I did want to when I was still in PGH, but I have enjoyed being a member on this site and posting :slight_smile:

good question … I got a b18, header, intake , full exhaust and a turbo getting put on. Is that rice ???

if you can put your name on this list: http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/timeslips.php?

you will get respect.

oooooooooo that’s sex! got any more details of this engine setup??? :cool:

lol what

Where’s the closest drag strip at in pittsburgh? Just quick question not whoring.

“ooooooo thats sex!”

meaning PROPS, SWEET, COOL…

Pittspeed is awesome, and the guys here are all great.

It’s just like sitting around in a garage. You take your turns ragging on one another. The ones that can’t take it…walk out. Just simple jabs.

Note: I don’t have a V8.

it’s just the old dudes with their mullets.

it’s not so much we hate you (we do), but we hate your car more. cars are built to PERFORM, not sit purrdy.

as i see it everyone has their own taste…

i drive a neon, hate it, love it, i dont give a shit…

PRP, and Quaker City are the closest drag strips. depends on where you are in the pittsburgh area

But yet a four banger that is getting a turbo in your eyes will not perform? I am by NO means saying I’m going to be pulling ten second runs down a track. But taking a 120whp rated car and pushing another 100 horses out of her isn’t performing? Like others said, and I even know it, my car was not made to perform, but any car can be made to.

I honestly think this is a losing battle sometimes.