Any Bastard Years for 97-04 vettes ?

To stay away from?
Before someone says it. Them all :kekegay:

some small issues with '97. just your basic 1st year bugs though, nothing too bad. i heard of some electrical issues and the known column lock problem.

oh boy.

i would agree with smokey
just stay away from first model year

I’ve seen column lock problems through 99. The newer the better, just b/c more of the bugs will get worked out of them.

97-98

agreed, arent those the peremiter bolt vavle covers?

Would it be more money to have the typical Cam put in, Than say a Ls1 Fbody ??? I just dont want to get in way over my head.

i’d still grab up a 97 if the deal was there though. in all reality, no major problems. but a '99+ would be ideal

what do you consider a deal?

U can get a nice milage 98 and up for like 13g’s jim.

Thats what I’m thinking. Only thing, I dont want is a red car.
Auto or Man is fine with me at this point.

eh, i dunno. i would expect a nice 97-99 that would be somewhere around the 50-70k range to still be around $15,000. i still browse here and there and ive seen alot of '99s still going for like 18,000 in that mileage range. 13 seems a bit low for a nice one

Yeah. 15 sounds about right for a 97-99. I have been watching eBay for the past several months to get an idea about C5 prices. This one sold in January:

97 C5 with 98K miles for $13900

I’d prefer a 99-00 FRC. :x: But, depends on whatever deal comes along.

I have seen many around here for that price, when i was detailing we had three in two months going for around 13g’s, u just need to know where to look and how to talk em down…geesh.where have u guys been…a cave?

Been in a cubicle. So, yeah. :slight_smile:
Let me know next time you see one for that price…

ya, i forgot…you are the known vette enthusiest of the board.

:rofl:

FRC’s are sooo hot. I’d shoot for those if you can find them

I’m sorry i worked n work with car dealerships n know prices, please forgive me u douche bag fucks…