Any BMW junkies out there? Paint code question

Wow, that came out great!

thanks man we just hope he thinks the same

Im sure he will, what did you guys sand that with, 1500 or 2000?

wanted 2000 used1500

Nice, yeah the 2000 buffs soooo nice. Ive used 3000 on a few cars, and you can damn near hit it with a foam pad to bring it back lol.

yea my buddy and I spent hours tonight after we were closed to get it ready to go…should be gone tomrrow

Fucking Gangster! lol, a little lighter then I thought but I like it…Is that the new grill?

yes

in person does the paint look more like this first pic or this second pic? First pic looks a little darker

Why dont you just go and see it clown ass :lol

#1 becuase there body shop is “private” and they dont allow customers there. #2 maybe it really WILL be done tommorow, but for the last 2 weeks I’ve been told its gonna be done tommorow its gonna be done tommorow and never has been lol. The date of completion was supposed to be the 10th lol… I’ve never been so anxious to pay for something before.

Its “private”? That imo is a crock of shit. If you are paying someone to paint your car, there should be no reason you cant stop by once in awhile to check progress. I know from being an ex-painter/body guy that having people there constantly is a pita, and I usually dont like people there while I used to paint, but its expected that people wanna check their shit out from time to time…

It was my first time using them so I just let it go, in the future im sure they wont mind if I really wanted to see it.

yea its private for the reasons you said and from some people stopping in daily and wanting to hangout…plus we dont need things damaged from people bumping into racks and tripping over air hoses

plus num1 got updates every few days via shift518…whats better than that?

Where did you paint at?? OP car looks tits man! Not feeling the chrome/stainless B-pillars though, if those were black it would look dope.

Northeast motorsports did the paint…they have 2 locations…one is a body shop with seperate paint booth

Learned to paint at Manscini’s, where I interned for 2yrs, did the Vo-Tec thing as well, then moved on to painting at Stanita Customs, Princetown auto body, and KME, along with doing side jobs here and there. The trade used to be fun, and could make a decent buck doing it, but insurance companies have since fucked that for us. The money is in restorations, but there isnt a huge market for it in Ny like there is elsewhere… So I got out of the field. Have about 8yrs of experience though.

Cool. Nice to be able to know how to do that stuff though, even if its for your own personal use.

Oh hell yeah. I just did my engine bay in the car over, would have cost a good bit to have it all welded/shaved/painted!