Need some trim color ideas/options

Well like on most E46 M3’s the trim pieces in my car are starting to chip and bubble. It is currently the dark silver/titanium color from the factory. It runs through the dash, shifter, steering wheel and door handles. Most people repurchase these pieces in carbon or carbon wrap them but I am not a huge fan of that much carbon in an interior.

Having said this I am looking for some opinions. I won’t be able to perfectly match the dark silver/titanium thats stock so I am repainting everything. I don’t want it to look “ricer-ish” with a crazy color etc. Right now I had some ideas in mind (my car is Titanium Silver):
-Gloss Black
-Matte Black
-Truck liner ish type black
-Wrap in suede
-Silver/titanium(although I think this is ricey)

I’ll gladly take any other cool ideas. Let me know what you think.

-Steve

(its whats circled in red, theres two handles in the back as well)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/Bmw_Serie3_E46_Int1.jpg

Truck bed liner seems like it’d look better with lighter colored interior instead the blackish in the picture.

A deep black suede would be pretty sick though.

bamboo.

do it… you wont.

Who is Matt Black? and what does he look like? and why do you want to paint your trim the color of him?

Buy the piano black OEM trim. There is some for sale on m3forum right now if I remember correctly. Then sell me your fucked trim.

Wood grain wrap. But honestly, I like the stock color. I would keep it as close to that if possible.

if you can figure out how and help me i so would i think thatd be awesome. otherwise i think suede may be the way im going

fuck you haha i changed it you puss

i just may, ill keep my eyes open. pm me your number ginger!

well i was bored today and i started ripping all the trim out, sanded it and primed it. came out really well. going to let it sit and dry for the night.

my question here lies in what is the best kind of spray paint to buy for the trim? i am going to go with a satin black (dash board looking color) for now at least. what is the best paint to buy? brand, kind etc?

please help?!?

If you don’t care about cost go to an automotive paint shop like Urban Paint and they have some good high quality stuff there.

Rustoleum Semi Flat automotive acrylic enamel is what I used on my Jetta trim pieces and recently on my SV650, came out great both times.

Used this also on the trim pieces on my K car and it turned out great.

Wait…this is going to be hot pink?

you know it! :gay: no its going satin black lol. thanks for the help on the paint choice, anyone know where they carry Rustoleum Semi Flat automotive acrylic enamel ? pepboys, autozone, etc?

Kcuv did his in carbon fiber… I liked it

i just feel that it is to much carbon going on. to me it seems ricey idk, i want a nice clean simple look. i feel that a plain satin black will provide that

Going flat black is going yo take a lot away from that specialty look of a luxury car. It’ll probably look like the interior of a Honda with flat black.

its not going to be flat black, its a semi gloss black

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=377

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

sort of like the pictures below, its zcp trim and textured but that is what the color should hopefully come out like

why not the silver carbon fiber, or the black, orrrr brushed aluminum…?

i thought about brushed aluminum but im worried i wouldnt be able to replicate that color

---------- Post added 06-06-2011 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-05-2011 at 11:46 PM ----------

im actually re considering wrapping it in suede. anyone have experience with doing something like this? most of the pieces are square ish so im guessing it cant be to hard? anyone willing to help?

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

something like this below, think it would look very clean and simple while still being luxurious

Alcalantra (sp?)

Didn’t Josh (Lafengas) do this to one of his cars? I heard it’s kind of a pain but if you do it right without bleeding through with the adhesive, it looks great.