Dash trim removal

How do i remove the trim around the center vents and on the passenger side vent?By the way its in a s13.

Please let me know looking to paint my trim today.

Thanks!

pull off the shifter surround, pull out the radio/pocket. and pull out the climate control. reach up inside the dash and sqeeze the tabs in on the center vent while tugging on the outseide, it will eventually pop out. with many bloody knuckels there’s lot of sharp things up there.

leave the trim black, nothing looks worse than painted trim. Painted trim IMHO is ricer.

Yup, especially red, whiote, blue, green, yellow etc.

But even painting trim black looks gay. lol Original plastic color FTW

unless youre pullin’ it off to put in a carbon fibre piece. dont do it.

Thanks for the help but how come you guys dont think i should paint my trim red? I think it looks to plain right now and I’am gettin seats and a steering wheel so I want the dash to match it a bit , I’am not going to over use on red paint that looks stupid. If only i can afford the carbon fiber right now.

do it right the first time so u dont have to do it again later. the red is gonna look bad imo. and that stuff chips 90% of the time which makes it look even more ghetto.

dont do it.

wow u guys are harsh on these dudes…

son, the place where every car should be the same!

what happened to individuality?

Red dash trim is not individuality, it’s wrong.

You want individual? Get rare rims or something, can’t afford it? Then you don’t get to be individual.

Word. Don’t get red seats and wheel either. Whatever happened to colour matching and coordinating? Nice, clean, similar colours. Black & dark gray, for example, like how they came from the factory. I think it’d look cool if you redid the shifter plastic and all other plastics of similar texture in a gloss piano black.

How do I remove the trim around the vents on the passenger side above the glove compartment?

Thanks for your help and advice I’am going red with my trim for now untill i can afford carbon fiber but that will be in like 1 month so I mite as well have sum fun with it now.

are u a fascist or a nazi?

maybe he likes red and black, and likes how it looks. red and black do go well together. black and silver imo are is the best colour combo. my interior is painted that colour. It looks very nice. Way better than just a boring black everything…

those are some pics…way better looking than plan black like everyone else…

now the whole interior flows together. Grey suade, grey trim, black dash makes sense right

looks very clean rob…

have you made a project thread yet lol

Your interior doesn’t look bad, but all black looks better imo.

And red and black look sweet together, red seats in a black interior or something look cool, but red painted trim looks like ass, that’s all there is to it.

hey snowboard, is that black part painted as well or did you just add silver paint to some parts, and what paint product did you use?

i bought this silver paint from ct and just painted the dash trim. The dash is stock. Ive only painted the trim parts of it. Use something name brand from CT. With a clear coat to protect it. And sand/primer the parts u want to paint

where would you go about getting carbon fibre trim? because the ebay ones are the gay.

Ive been trying to find carbon fiber trim for my car too but no luck I think the only way would be to bring your car to a shop and make them customize your dash trim but that would be really expensive, but hey if you find another way let me know.

That silver color looks pretty good with black. I was thinking about doing this to mine to. Red on all black leather so I wonder which color would look the best.

i personally feel painting stock trim is gay, i’ve seen it done it many cars and once you get a couple scractches on it, and u will!! it will look super cheap and ghetto. One of my friends with a sentra spec v did it, he painted interior trim silver and it looks so gay.

snowboard copyed that design from me, lolz!!! putting that 240sx sign on his dash, !! the silver and black looks goods if u have a black car it looks even better