Any CAD people, exp. w/ SolidWorks?

The guy who we hired about a year ago to do our CAD stuff just didn’t show up for two weeks (not unexpected… he never showed up the days after payday either, EVER). So pretty soon we’ll probably be looking for someone new.

If you have experience with SolidWorks, send me your resume and I’ll look into getting you an interview w/ my boss. (Unfortunately, he probably won’t look for anyone without that particular software experience.)

im not bad with auto cad… lil rusty but i was pretty good at it in highshool

I am great at Pro/E and Unigraphics. If I played with solidworks for a while I am sure I could be decent at it. Once you have the CAD design concept down, it is just a matter of learning where things are in the software. Seeing as how this is my last year at college, I dont think I could quit Engineering school just to go be the CAD slave. What kind of salary would they be offering? There are amounts that would make me put the college think on hold.

I am 90% sure the last guy accepted our offer of $40K/year.

I wouldn’t quit engineering college for a CAD job though, IMO. Both my aunt and uncle were engineers for DuPont, neither of them worked for 5 years with the money they saved up in stocks and shit.

I wouldnt quit, I would put it on hold(I hate WVU right now because they have fucked me so much). I wouldnt do it for $40k though. That is a good salary for someone that just went to drafting school or tech school. I am sure someone on here will like it.

Hah. The last guy was also 40 years old w/ years of experience. I’d expect 30 - 35K out of my boss for someone right out of school. Some of our engineers barely make 40K.

Farm it out to my company. (I’ll get credit for bringing work in!)

What kind of design work? I know a few engineers just from being around them. I keep in touch with a few of the guys that left my company awhile back. I know one guy is looking for work but i’m not sure what you’re looking for. He did mostly site work but I don’t know his full scope of training.

My company manufactures thermophysical testing instruments. We need drawings (hand-drawings) of the instruments put into SolidWorks with A LOT of detail (screws, nuts, bolts, everything!).

No Mechanical Engineer should make under $40k a year. What is your company so I know not to apply there. I dont know any engineer that has graduated recently to be making less than $40k as an engineer. That would be wrong. I dont know about Industrial or Electrical, but in the ME field $50k and up is good starting pay. What is your boss looking for? Draftsman or Engineer? There is a huge difference in schooling.

Drafting I believe is the position. He doesn’t have to design anything, just copy what my boss gives him into the computer, and what’s already drawn up.

It’s Anter Corporation, and don’t worry, we aren’t hiring engineers right now anyways. I don’t think we’ve hired one in 5+ years. :slight_smile:

Ok, then that is a good salary for drafting.

Edited title to reflect position.