Job Opening: CAD

My company is looking for a CAD/Designer for the summer with possibility of long term employment.

Requirements:
Associates Degree or Equivalent experience.
Know and understand AutoCad.
Have a solid understanding of Intersections and Developments.
Able to read and understand prints. Its surprising how many people cant.
Problem solver.
Work well with others.
Common sense.
Dependable, no skipping work, always on time. Full 40 hour week.

Tasks Include:
Job site visits (locale and out of state)
Design and work on projects.
Data entry.

You will be working directly under me.
I have no idea on salary, that’s not up to me. If I had to guess, mid-high teens.

Any questions post up or PM me

mid to high teens meaning 15-19xxx a year?

hourly, 30k+ a year.

This is an entry level job.

When would this run until if only for summer?

I honestly don’t know. I’ve been with the company for 10 years. We are small, I’m the only CAD guy here. In the last 3 years we have really grown. I’m working 50-55ish hours a week and cant keep up. If things keep progressing then it will be a permanent position, 401k, health, vacation, yearly raise.

Little about what we do. We make insulation cover/blankets. Our product is for heat and sound applications. Think of turbo blankets but on a much much larger level.

Company?

Shannon?

North Atlantic Associates, inc

Some Local companies we deal with… Cameron, Cooper, Coby, Ascension, Dresser-Rand, York, Howden-Buffalo, Mokon, Eastman Machine, Morton Salt… We ship products all over the work. All commercial.

I would be all over this if I actually enjoyed working with autocad. :[ I’ll pass this along to some people that would be interested.

mid to high teens an hour for a cad monkey as starting pay? that makes me sad.

monkey is the key word lol, its not too much higher for an engineering bachelors at a lot of companies around here

Only in Buffalo would someone post a job and get so much hate about the job.

clarification. doing an engineering job without the bachelors (just the 2 year, part time school for the 4 year) and after 5 years barely making what his job’s starting pay is what makes me sad. atleast the benefits are awesome. lol.

Exactly what we do. They are our competition.

Please guys this is for a job. 30-35k is pretty standard for entry level drafters. Pay will also be based on experience.

Also all of our products are designed with cad, materials are cut with cnc programs, similar to a water jet but with blades.

My brother is still in school(another year left due to a major change), but he’s a tutor for CAD at his school. He was one of the top 2 in his CAD program at Harkness. He’s looking for summer work, so if you don’t find anyone more experienced, I think he’d likely be interested. He’s not a typical college kid, he’s the kind of guy that shows up 15 minutes early for everything, would go to school sick rather than miss something.

Where are you guys located?

couple blocks from the corner of william and bailey

PM’d

Harkness. Ahhhh…the memories. Wonder if Pete Morath is still running their CAD program?

Why are people bashing a 30-35k/yr entry job? ENTRY.
Do this for 2 years, if they don’t give you more then move on. It’s a great way to get experience when most companies requires a minimum of 2+

So what if you went to school and spent 15k-20k/yr, and have huge loans to repay it’s your own fault. Why should a job pay you more just because you made a poor choice about schooling? Real life on the job experience isn’t something that can be replicated in a school.
Also, if you’re going to tell me that out of school you aren’t able to support yourself on 30-35k a year, you’re an absolute moron.

he was still there in 2010