Any current/past Geico employees?

[quote=“Boosted3g,post:5,topic:32582"”]

I defenatly see your point, and can empathize - I was pissed off that i had to reschedule a vacation to San Diego to work around this attendance policy they have, so i can imagine your frustration here. Can u still call thw HR person you spoke to and see if something can be worekd out, i mean you have a very valid point, your in the USMC, and i think anyone and everyone should respect that, especally in the state that the US is in right now. They might be able to work something out. I can also understand from where they are coming from, cause this training is pretty intensive in terms of knowledge of things to know, memorize, and execute. But seriously, give HR a call and see if soemthing can be worked out. It is only 2 days, and there are tests and such taken on a weekly basis. if you can prive thatr you are retaining the knowledge, i dont see why they wouldn’t want to keep ya. All i can say is try giving HR a ring back and see if there is anything u can do, or possibly even start your hire date AFTER you get back from USMC, also training is diff ammount of time for service, claims and sales. service i believe is the longest, but seriously, see what your options are. They are strict, but thus far, they’ve done well by me. Best of luck man, lemmie know how it goes if you decide to call em :smiley:

[/quote]

Will do.

I also might see if I can get excused from that 1/2 cays from drill. It only conflicts with Friday evening, so if it’s in house they might let me…
It’s worth it to avoid another crap job like capital management.