Work for Geico? Clicky Clicky!

Ok… here’s the deal. I’ve have applied at geico, and have gone through 2 fo the 4 proceses. And I have some questions about the work environment, and the frequency / amount of raises. I’ve heard some conflicting information from people on raises etc. This is all assuming you are average or above average, not Excellent (Not like the mailboy CEO)

1. How often do raies happen?
  2. How is the work environment, (I get the impression it’s super strict)
  3. I’ve heard stories of ppl getting fired for no reason, any truth to that?

I really need to be making 30k in 6mo-1year… so I’m curious before I switch jobs over there and basically toss the year of work where I am out the window.

I know someone in sales there who has grossed easily over $ 50k so far this year. It’s not super strict, but normal corporate environment. If you do your job, you’re fine…

I’m looking for claims service, or customer service.

never if you can’t spell :wink:

i just got hired for claims service and i start dec 11th. im really excited to be able to do something that isnt berts with full benefits. also as far as i know the pay is 25.5/year to start with the ability to get a raise after 3 months then again after 6 months. everything is based on your “call grade” also if you chose to work the night shift you can get a 10% differential so you will be making almost 14/hr

starting pay is more if you have a degree

My friend works there and seems to like it

ummm, any tips on getting a job there??? i just applied online

I would make a follow up phone call after about a week or so.

i hear there is a 4 part test???

basic math?
spelling errors?
reading?
and 1 more and they are all timed???

starting pay is what??? 12-14 an hour, anything is better than 9.

also, what do u do as a claims rep??? I am guessing inputting info for accidents. does prior phone skills come into play???

Walker, I might be in your training class.
2. Sorry bout my spelling, I was writing it out before I had to leave for work, was typing way to fast.

I took a 3 part test

1. Reading comprehension, Read it quick, then look through for specific answers (They keep the reading passage up) (Timed)
  2. Fake call center working… audio plays, or an e-mail pops up and you have to enter the information into their system quickly.
  3. Typing: They give you a passage to type on the top of the screen and you type it.

I passed all of them…

Then the interviews:
1: Phone Interview
2: Testing
3: Interview W/ Recruiter
4: Role-Play (Haven’t done that… Walker any hints?)
5. Sit with an associate, & Manager / Hiring interview

Seems like a LOT for an entry level job.

Dreid: I got an e-mail about 2 days after my application was put in, then I got a phone call the following day to set up a phone interview.

for the role play they put you in a room with a packet about a fake company mine was a company that sold appliance insurance. basically they give you 20 min to read thru the packet and look over made up customer files. then they call you 3 times (as a diff customer for each call, with diff needs/probs) you will get the hang of it by the 3rd call. after each call they dicuss it with you and ask what you would have done diff and if you think you were effective. then after that you go on the call floor and sit in for a few calls and take notes, etc. then meet with teh team manager/leader. all i have to do is go back and get a drug test and physical this coming wed morn…

Walker you wont pass the drug test. I heard they test for Arizona Ice Tea

im set cause ill i drink is arizona green teas…

red apple FTW!

Jeeze a Physical? What am I going to be lifting some heavy things?

The majority of that is most likely to flag people for quicker advancement

Oh god Arizona Green Teas.

Working in a call center is fun. Be prepared for people from Indiana thinking that you talk to fast.

“whaaaaat?” “Hunny I can’t keep up, can you slow down?”

“im not talking fast you just listening slow” lil wayne

I worked in a call center… and just when you think that people can’t get any dumber… they get dumber… When working once I had a person ask me if it was possible that lightning went through his car while he was driving, and struck his web TV’s modem and rendered it useless. After all he was driving with his windows open…