Any engineers have a habit of writing in caps?

So, someone pointed out to me recently, when I jot personal notes or info down (paper and pencil), I tend to use smaller caps in place of lower case letters.

KINDA LIKE THIS. [SIZE=2]A[SIZE=1]LL OTHER PUNCTUATION IS CORRECT, JUST THE LOWER CAPS.

[SIZE=2]
It’s kinda habit now, and I only do it on personal notes,documents, etc. I think I started doing in when I was learning electronic design, schematics (username unrelated btw) and blueprints.

Just wanna see if I’m the only oddball here :slight_smile:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

not on a PC obviously, but yes… I do that when writing on paper alot.

I blame it on the days of mechanical design and doing drawings on a board the old fashioned way

not an engineer…but thats how i write. Done it all my life. My dad does the same thing… i prob. got it from him

But often, not always.

I started writing like that in like 6th grade. My teachers would yell at me all the time… Mostley because I mix in some lowercase letters…I write about 85% in caps and 15% in lowercase.

FOR eXAMPLe

If I’m jotting a note it’s all lowercase. If I’m writing something long it’s in cursive.

caps here, done it all my life. but now i am an engineer…

I always write in caps, I’m a lefty and have messed up hand writing, so I always print and always in caps. Rarely do I use lowercase and if I do it’s at really odd times.

I can’t remember the last time I wrote something beyond signing my name.

I type in all caps half the time

but yes I do write in all caps as well

I write this way too, and I always have. It is a lot easier to read for most I think.

I used to hand-write in all caps but now it’s a cursive/lower-case/awful conglomerate…

I write that way, prob. due to doing design work the old fashioned way.

engineer and i dont write that way

NOW WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO EVEN DO THAT?

you must not be a very good one then :mamoru:

obviously, i dont even know how to use proper punctuation! :slight_smile:

engineer no knead no punktyouation

I write in all caps like that, and always in pencil at work. If I write in lower case it turns into a disaster.

Envelopes and labels are all caps. Notes I write in cursive. I hear they don’t even teach that in school anymore.