Any G8 owners?

Looking for the pros and cons on the new g8 v8. I can get a new one for a killer deal fully loaded. But want to get some feedback , build quality, fuel miles, how is it in the snow, is it worth it.
Thanx

I love the look of them when I saw them at the Chicago auto show last year. Seeing them on the road tho, they are like almost identical to the BMWs. Headlights, grille, tail lights, etc.

thats a bad thing? i bet the gt is quicker than the bimmer. build quality will most likely be on 2 different levels though.

I started working at New Era just after mike purchased his. I don’t really have any complaints about the car, its overall fit and finish is way better then most GM’s. The interior was perfect, we drove that car to memphis and back and I never had a complaint. With just a tune that car was awesome to drive, the trans feels great, it even revmatches itself during downshifts in manual mode. Flat out, I loved driving that car, and I would HIGHLY reccomend one, especially if you can pick it up for cheap.

is the GXP still dropping? I did drive and GT and was very impressed. I also daily a focus tho haha. I could see the car getting me into alot of trouble quickly

my dad has a v6 G8. the gt probably gets better gas mileage than his 17 mpg average. for a rwd car the traction control is awesome in the snow. corrects itself instantly. or you can have some fun with traction control off lol. but i like the car. i would get one for a daily if i could afford it. id go with the gt tho. and white is the hottest looking color by far

I have the predecessor, the GTO, and after 20k miles I still love it. Fit/finish/quality/aesthetics of the interior of these Holden made “GM’s” is far superior to the US GM stuff.

In the snow it’s just OK, even with snows. Tossing some weight in the trunk would probably help but on real bad days I just leave it home. Probably less of an issue with the G8 since it’s heavier.

they don’t have an LSD? that’s what you need for snow duty.

Mine does, and I assume the V8 G8 does too. Problem is very little weight on the drive wheels. I got stuck in our parking lot during that big snow storm we got a few weeks ago. 90% tread Hankook Ipikes. A light push from a coworker got me going but I was the only car to need a push, despite many FWD people with just all seasons. It was a combination of the ruts and the slight incline that got me.

If it is half as good as my dearly missed GTO, I would reccomend it to anyone in a second.

What kind of great deals we talking?
I like the look of these but I refuse to work with Jim Ball on anything.
Got treated like complete shit there. I consider them to be a joke.

Then you have jim Murphy or go out of town as Culligan no longer has the Pontiac franchise, found that out when I needed a battery for the GTO.

You only have 20K on your car?!?!

haven’t you had it for like 4 years?

19,800 actually, purchased Sept of 06. 2 mile commute FTW. 7600 miles per year average.

Thats a good deal, is it an '05 and /?

is it your only car?

if so, JEALOUS!

i bought mine in January of 06 and sold it in September of 08 with 11,2xx miles:roflpicard::roflpicard::roflpicard:

It’s my only car, but I am married and the wife has a vehicle too. Still, both vehicles average under 9k/year.

And to prevent further hijack of this G8 thread, info about my car, it’s purchased date and options can be found here:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17839 :slight_smile:

Don Davis on NFB

is the battery in the trunk on the GTO?

in the G8 the battery is in the trunk, plus it is probably 150-200 lbs heaver then the GTO, so that plus decent snow tires should help.