G8 pricing..

From GM:

DETROIT - Pontiac today confirmed pricing for its new rear-wheel drive G8 performance sedan will start at $27,595 when it hits the streets in early 2008. The V-8 powered G8 GT will be available for $29,995.
“The G8 represents the next phase in Pontiac’s commitment to bring seductively designed, high-performance vehicles to the showroom floor,” said Craig Bierley, Pontiac marketing director. “Our dealers and customers have been anxiously waiting for this vehicle since we first showed it at the Chicago Auto Show in February, so we’re really excited to get this car on the street early next year.”
The G8 is powered by a 3.6-liter VVT V-6 engine and five-speed automatic transmission and comes equipped with a number of standard convenience and safety features, including StabiliTrak electronic stability control, six airbags and OnStar. The G8 GT ups the ante with a 6.0-liter V-8 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and additional standard equipment.

All I have to say about this I’m excited about the V8 which WILL be available with a REAL 3 pedal standard, not some pseudo standard tranny, not the wanker 3.6 V6

-taken from an other forum.

360 hp rwd 6 spd sedan… yummy…and being domestic you know you will be able to beat them down on price…I bet you will be able to pick up a decent one under $28K

Hm, wonder what it gets for gas mileage in 6th @ highway speeds. If I could average in the low 20s I’d be sold.

The thing looks phenominal with the Holden wheels and a slight drop. Is Nav an option?

Bah, according to google, no bluetooth, sat radio or nav.

Nice to haves, but still… the nav is already on the aussie model.

I am due for a new car next year :slight_smile:

Delicious

the brand new cts does not have bluetooth standard or as an option

I get 25 hwy in my cts-v so I would expect that from this

I couldn’t care less about the BT, its more the Nav.

Any speculation on new CTS-V pricing?

my guess is 59,999.999 base

edit: but they haven’t even announced the engine yet so who knows

only 360hp? wtf? the 6.0 should be a 400hp car atleast

if you can really get one for under 30K, I may trade the goat in on one.

walter… I get high teens-low 20’s in my ls1 6 speed car, so I imagine this wont be any different. oh, and probably like the GTO, bluetooth is built in, but you need to install a switch kit from holden… not so sure about sat. radio or nav though

the weight of just shy of 4K lbs is nuts though

yeah, but I honestly don’t think it’s being marketed as a sports car, but more of a highway cruiser/family hauler with some grunt

I wonder if this holden front end will fit it? It looks phenomenal.

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/HSV-GTS-f-3-4.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/hsv-gts.jpg

here’s a big pic of the G8

^ that front end is really nice

I hope you’re kidding. This is a FULL SIZE car, not some little impreza with a turbo. An inch or so shorter than the 300, but wider if I remember correctly. Mob approved trunk etc.

I’d guess high 20’s on the highway considering my GTO gets mid 20’s and doesn’t have the trick cyl deactivation the G8 has.

I hope you realize how have 3995 really is, my 66 weighs 4300, thats a car from 1966 with a convertible top my fullsize Yukon weighs about 1000lbs more and is significantly larger… 4000lbs for that is insane.

an E46 weighs almost 700lbs less

shit an E60 5 series 3671

that is really fucking heavy for a car, any car

not really

my mustang weighed in around 3600 if memory serves me and my 2 door lincoln weighed in at 3800 or so (right around the same as my GTO). It’s heavy, but not unheard of.

SN95 mustang coupe 3480/3525 lb (V8 coupe MT/AT)

it is unheard of heavy, it might was well be a VAG product with that weight

FN-10 chasis weight was 3701 with the windsor V8, the mod motor was less

The “under $30k” is the base price, though with any options, it’ll go a bit higher. And this is with the A6 tranny - no word yet on when the M6 is available.

As for 360HP - as a “regular car”, this thing is tuned for regular (87) gas. It’s only a tune and a tank of 93 away from 400-plus.

I honestly like the Buick PArk avenue styleing of this car sold in china.

I am glad GM is getting some of their act back together though.

Headlights look the same. Looks like the fenders have the same angles. Might get away with a bumper and hood swap.