any IIS experts out there

questions on moving mad sites / virtual directories. maybe some of you lurkers are big ballers? :hsugh:

lmk

ok, whats your question… IIS Migration tool works great to move mad sites, but more info would be good.

using the tool, can you pick and choose virtuals and dump them into a like site, or do you have to move the entire site.

the source gets the migration tool x86 install and the target gets the target install, does perl need to be on both, or just source?

this tool does appear to be nice… work good?

All the migration tool does is transfer the source metadata to the target and then moves the files in the source directory to a specified target directory.

there are a good bit of flags that you can change the IP, install FPSE and change port stuff like that. its good stuff though. build a bat file run and profit

i have moved approximately 250 sites using this method during a server consolidation. it works great! just double check security settings when you are done!

cool… i’ll see what the deal is…

ever use Opalis ???

nope looks cool though

i’ll let you know. IIS migration tool doesn’t install worth dick if you’re not using a default IIS install :rolleyes:

thx though!

iis migration tool is just a executable file, its on a resource pack…

no doubt… still doesn’t play nice with non default IIS installs.

youre both non default