Any JDM S13 climate parts

Looking to do the climate control conversion. If you have JDM climate parts, I’ll take them off your hands without question!! Or if you have a clip from an s13 w/ DCC and you don’t want it, I’ll take everything but the unit itself! Thanks!!!

if you already have an AUTO climate controller all you need it the harness and unit and jsut switch out the old one …if you dont then it is more work that it is worth

how can you tell if you have an auto climate controller? is it simply the manual climate controller that has the button ‘auto’?? thanks

yes it is as simple as to look at the unit in the dash and if it has an “AUTO” function button on it, that means that you have the sun sensor in the dash and interior temp center in the console and the other sensor under the hood …makes life alot easier than to put all of that into your car when its already there …

Where is the interiror temp sensor located and what the hell does the sun sensor do?? I have all this crap in my Silvia and I’ve ordered a DCC unit so it is just simply switching the climate controls over??

Thanks,

Chris

yes just switch out the stock auto unit w/harness to the digital climate controller w/harness … you must have the new digital unit harness or else it wont work

I have an R32 DCC unit with the entire interior wiring harness :smiley:

When I talked to nyguen, he said there wasn’t a whole lot I needed. Still hard to find parts but I guess I should take the S13 motor actuators and fan power transmitter(instead of using the series of resistors in the stock USDM one) and can use any sensors for it to work. Havn’t recieved it yet but for fast shipping from Japan was literally an arm, one butt cheek, both legs and probably half a foot

he doesnt have auto climate, i guess he’s going to install all of the sensors and then hope it works, if you search nicoclub.com, some guy did a write up of all the sensors you need and everything you need to do, this is not an easy job if you don’t have the existing sensors, good luck though, you might want to find somebod with a front clip that had either the digital climate or the auto and try to piece that stuff together

if it has the “AUTO” button and the 10/20/30 blue/white/red writing on it then you have the auto unit which most jdm cars that I have seen

i know, i think this guy is putting it in his usdm 240

oh … OH NO …
horror stories indeed … I tried to do it on my first 180sx which didnt have all the sensors and stuff …I bought the entire harness and sensors complete with unit from a guy in the States who was gutting a front clip and stuff didnt seem worth putting it al lin once I was in the middle of it …I think I have some documents back from when I was trying it
http://www.pandablue.com/nissansilvia/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=9341&KW=digital
but I doubt the link still works

haha yeah I’m gonna try it. I have a good right up on it from NICO and I found a maxima DCC conversion as well.

www.geocities.com/cbmaxima/ACC/ACC.html?200528

I’m not in a huge hurry to do it and wil probably wait until the spring to try it, going through winter without heat would probably kill me. I’m fairly well off electrical wise so hopefully I don’t screw it up too badly :slight_smile:

nah …winter season is nothing but time for a project especially like this

Ok well not meaning to Jack this thread but I have the oppertunity to buy the DCC unit but it doesn’t have a harness. I do however own a JDM silvia with the auto climate options in the current climate controls. Can I still do the conversion with ease or w/o the harness is there modification??

Thanks,

Chris

you need the harness http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1912 heres a write up on how to do it

ahh of course what was I thinking

http://ca.geocities.com/heatw@rogers.com/ look under the how to’s, he installed his climate in his 240 and it’s fully operational

awesome thanks very much. I think its the same guy on NICO, I’ve been print happy with all this info…too bad I still don’t have any parts yet