Any local wheel polishing places , or even a truck place

I have my aluminum ws6 rims and id like them polished up by a machine and a professional . Someone on another site mentioned a truck shop for 18 wheelers and got me thinking . Anyone know of any , i don’t wanna dismount the tires , something i could go there and wait while they do it ?

I don’t know if that is something that you would be able to hang around and wait for.

This.

It sure as hell won’t be a 30 min job.

how long of a job is it on big rigs to do a rim?

Not sure, but if you want them to look good you can’t have someone rush them.

It takes me 30-40 minutes per lip on 16-18" wheels. My machine spins at 1000rpm. Are you looking for full polish…face included?

To polish with tires on is like going to a car wash with the factory chip guard plastic on the hood still.

Why leave tires on?

Why so impatient?

Pics of said wheels and what you are looking at accomplishing.

These lips took about 40 min each.
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6895896-7b48-fac8.jpg

F- Polishing!

To go from this:

to this

takes WELL over 2 hours per wheel. Clean, wet sand with a DA and a 1/2" interface pad with 600-800-1000-1200-1500-2000. (interface pad allows the sanding surface to flex and conform to the curves, where it wont get into your doing it by hand).

Then its off to a polishing wheel. I made an armature that bolts to a 10A buffer, that stacks 3, 1" wide 6"dia pads. Black, red, white compounds.

There is a reason machine polishing is expensive. And theres a reason production places use vibratory polisher chambers, with different grit media in each machine, to progressively “polish” the surfaces. more or less you drop the part in and walk away. next to no work and results are awesome. But the machines are thousands.

Here is the problem… Arent the WS6 wheels clearcoated? If so, they have to be sandblasted off. Then you might want to just look into powdercoating them. :slight_smile:

And Neg, I dont do polishing anymore!

i stripped the clearcoat off , the clear was getting bad and i polished them up okay but i want a professional job done on them

I thought they could be done no problem with the tire on the wheel .

im so impatient only because i thought most truck stops had something where you could go there with said driving running big rig get the rims polished and then go away happy and not have it take a long time .

I know the answer, your getting a blowjob (knob polished) confused with getting wheels polished. Very true, most truck stops you can get your dick sucked while you wait and it be quick and drive away happy.

Why would you pay someone your hard earned money to polish your knob… er, i mean wheels, when you can do it yourself with a little elbow grease.

a little. I LOL at that.

to even get efficent enough to do a 16" wheel like I pictured in less than 4 hours a piece, you are spending close to $100-$200+ in materials to do it “professionally”, less machinery to mount the wheels on. And the harbor freight 3/4hp one you can physically stop with a 7" single wheel polishing large parts, so dont waste money on that bench top polisher.

I have a bin full of compounds, greasless compounds, wheels of all sizes and types, buffer with an adapter I machined to mount a stack of 3 wheels to a heavyduty autobody buffer, and a benchtop machine to do it “some what efficently”.

And I hate doing it, thats should tell you how much it sucks to polish wheels!

But enjoy the elbow grease, hell Ill lend you the bin of stuff I got if you want!

rig wheels are 22.5-24.5 most drivers will spend a whole day polishing wheels them selfs and it doesnt look that good even with a acid wash first. if ur looking for the chrome look id drop it off and have them done