Any National Guard people in here?

all i kno abotu the guard is that my cousin and her husband were/are in it, and they told both of them that they would be doing the 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year bullshit. my cousin ended up spending 2 years in Bosnia, and her husband is in Iraq on the front lines right now. My cousins term was up a coupple months ago, and she didnt re-inlist, mostly because hs has a 7 month old kid, but her husband did and in March they are moving to Germany where he will be stationed “untill further notice”

i have nothing against the people who are out there right now allowing me to type this, and i thank them from the depths of my heart for thier service, but that is the closest thing to any experience with the national guard ive had. i also thought about going into the airforce reserves or the Navy reserves at one point, then i realized that id never make it, physically or mentally, and then when i saw what happened to my cousin and ehr husband, that put the final nail in the coffin for that idea.