Any of you guys ice race?

Back when I lived in Wisconsin I ice raced. I basically did autocross on ice, but there were some organizations in Michigan that did wheel2wheel. I’m not interested in that. I’ve already found a w2w group that does it, but I’d be far more interested in time trial stuff.

Anyone know of a time trial ice racing group or any other information?

Search my name on here and “quattrokrant” for reviews of the NEQ (northeast quattro club-Audi) events that we take part in. These are just club days, aka fun days, no door to door or timing, just “driving skills practice” you could call it.

You also may want to look into these guys: http://www.cnyira.com/

AMEC is the Adirondacks group http://www.icerace.com/

The past couple seasons have been really tough for even in the Adirondacks, I cant imagine the the CNY guys have had much luck the past 2 winters really.

Already found the Adirondak group and CNYIRA. The w2w thing throws me off…

I’d be totally down for ice fun day, though.

Ive gone to CNYIRA events and while some of the rub, if you have a nice car it was understood not to touch them… Those guys also usually started at the rear of the pack just to further avoid the potential of contact.

Contact is highly frowned upon. Seen one? Maybe two incidents in the events I’ve been to and those were between beaters. If you have something nice, no one is going to hit you.

AutoX on ice sounds terrible. 6 minutes of seat time to stand out on a frozen lake all day? No thank you. Ill take wheel to wheel sessions.

Off topic - where in WI did you live?

I grew up in Hubertus, and went to Hartford Union High School, Class of '98.

There is a master mailing list with all 3 ice racing groups.

All three of them race wheel to wheel but contact is strongly frowned up and I can’t recall there ever being any.

They do race on a variety of surfaces - ice if there’s enough, but they also race at dirt tracks when they’ve frozen over.

RallyCross is more the “autocross on dirt/snow”. There are several very active RallyCross groups locally. A night RallyCross in the snow during a full moon is one of the most amazing things you can do in a car.

Don’t listen to the naysayers about “6 minutes of seat time”. You get way more than that and it’s a blast. I have Autocrossed, RallyCrossed, done track days, done Karting and raced wheel to wheel - RallyCross and Ice Racing are both something really special and more importantly - what the hell else are you going to do during the winter?

I was referring to AutoX on ice. Not ice racing, where you actually spend a fair amount of the day behind the wheel.

Uh, even on the time trial ice races there was no one “standing out on the course” to fix the stuff. If you knocked the cones, which there were few of, you had to fix it before your time stopped.

I lived in a couple of different places in wisconsin; Kenosha, Athens and Land O’ Lakes. However I didn’t do any racing when I lived in Athens or LOL.
Of all the places I’ve lived in the world LOL (right on the UP border, north of Eagle River) is my favorite.
I was a pretty seasoned autocrosser (I probably ended up doing about 25 races a year between the 3 autocross, ice racing, and rallyX groups), so I know the drill about what to expect at various events. To be honest, ice racing and rallyX are the only two that still interest me. Only problem is I have a lowered 2 seater, so depending on the venue for the rallyX it might be an issue… but I’d definitely love to find a group!

Good to know about the w2w groups. Is the ‘master list’ the thing that’s on the CNYIRA site?