Any one work at Siemens (Amherst, NY)?

Just wondering if anyone has or is working there now. Supposedly I’ve got the job but its been a good month since my first interview occurred. Its also been 2 weeks since my 2nd interview occurred and now I’m just waiting on an offer letter in the mail. Is this typical business practice?

Doesn’t sound abnormal.

Did they give you a verbal offer?

2nd interview I had I was offered the job but nothing was discussed about salary. I know it pays decent money. He had told me I was supposed to meet with the first person that interviewed me to discuss things but that hasn’t happened. I actually called him on Friday and asked what was going on and he said he had to file some HR paper work but he’d get back to me yesterday. This waiting game sucks.

Any who, I was just wondering if anyone else on here works at Siemens and could tell me how the benefits are. I’m primarily interested in a 401k seeing I have no retirement set aside yet.

I make parts for Siemens and our orders from them have been slowing down and orders from their competitor Alstom have been picking up. Recession? Restructuring? Any way you look at it, they’re probably at an in-between stage at the moment.

Well I know the position I’m going for is a new position with Siemens (IT Security dept.) that did quite well else where in the country. It just goes to show you how far behind in the Information Technology scene we are in the surrounding cities of Buffalo/Rochester…ect. Not to say that were the worst in the nation.