Any one work for time warner?

I live in a 2 apartment unit and both apartments have time warner cable and internet. Mine got disconnected “at the pole”. So they say. There is only 1 cable coming from the pole to a box on the side of the house and then split, inside the box, out to the apartments.

I see all cables connected and no filters in between. My question is: Is it possible for Time Warner to place a block or filter on the pole that will affect ONLY 1 apartment?

Cable internet was activated at the TW office but its not working at the house. The “cable pole” guy has not came buy and wont be able to for a week.

Yes. They can cut lines specific to an apartment etc.

PM sent

and how is that considering there is only 1 drop to the complex and no filter in the distribution box

there is a box in this sitaution, so im not sure why u think something is amiss

one apartment has cable internet service, the other does not

There is only 1 drop to the box on the side of the building (no filters)

common sense says it would be impossible to physically disconnect the cable at the pole without affecting both apartments

Since this is somewhat on topic, instead of making a new topic and such.

Is there a listing of HD DVR boxes that are compatible with Time Warner cable?
Like, I have the Explorer 8300 box now. It’s a pain in the ass.
We get like 9 hours of HD recording.
I wanted to buy a new 160GB Box or something.
I’m just wondering if there’s a listing of compatible boxes…
I’d most likely have to go pay them a visit or something and ask.

Or is there something that I can hook up to it, that will upcovert regular cable channels to like 1080i or something?
Much like DVD players upconvert to 1080i/p?

[my HDTV is only 1080i, so 1080p isn’t needed]

PM’d back.

Sounds like somebody was playing around in the distribution box. Probably took your line right off the feed. You can try opening the box. Hopefully they just unhooked you, but chances are they took the filters and terminated your line.

At any rate I would be on the phone with a supervisor. You pay your bill right? Then why are you inconvenienced by something that one of their techs did. Tell them you need internet access for work, school, etc. and you want it fixed immediately. Don’t take no for an answer.

X2

yes they unhook at the pole and put a terminator on the taps.

If there are two electric meters, there should be two drops. If it was a old drop sometimes they’ll remove it. How big is this box you speak of ? Just a small plastic box or a metal box?

There is no filter one can attach at a pole that’ll be apartment specific, it’ll affect everyone down that drop. Sounds like you just activated the account and the drop to your half is gone if the other sub has active cable and internet.

Any box that will take the cable cards as far as i know.
Second question is no.

A 2 apt MDU does not get a lock box. Since he mentions RR was activated at the office but not working, i would assume he is a new sub to TW. He also mentions a “pole tech” has not been around and won’t be able to come around for a week. I would assume that meant a tech has not been to the home to “play in the dist box”.

correct u wont see lock boxes accept on apartment complexes there might be a ground box but there would still be a seperate drop. is this in cali or buffalo. it feasable the at the guy who installed could of ran a line from there g box to yours when he hooked up your internet take a picture of what your talking about and will answer this alot easier

Yeah I get a “F” for mis-reading that first part. Your right, there should just be a seperate drop for each apartment then. But it sounds like somebody was lazy and only ran one drop for both. He said it was working and it suddenly stopped. My thinking was, that maybe something was changed for the other apartment and the tech inadvertantly disconnected his service.

yea and TW sucks out here as much as it does in Buffalo, miss compusa? lol

YE is great out here, they come out usually within 24 hours I have never had a complaint even after i started having to pay full price for cable again.